AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeing Reference line numbers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
329 Views, 4 Replies

Changeing Reference line numbers

Earlier I enlarged all of my drawings in my JIC125 folder an extra 1.25 so that they are a little bit larger in size. Well there were a couple of items that I would like smaller like the source and destination dwgs, ha3s3, ha3s4, ha3s1, ha3d1. I'm trying to scale them back down to where they were, but when I manually open up that file up with autocad and adjust the size accordingly and save it everything looks like it's going to work properly. Now when I insert it into my drawing the size is the way I want it, but now the insertion point is off and my wire doesn't connect with signal reference. How can I modify this? Do I use the black box builder, but when I do, I don’t know what it is, is it a terminal? a child? a parent? I'm not quite sure.

Can I somehow just move the insertion point to where I need it and be done with it?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

amt_controls You should be able to open the block, type INSBASE and select the point for the insertion base point. This command allows you to reeastablish the insertion point for a block. Hope this helps!! -- Regards, ----------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------- Jared Bunch Autodesk, Inc ----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------- "amt_controls" wrote in message news:31462603.1103043735898.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Earlier I enlarged all of my drawings in my JIC125 folder an extra 1.25 so > that they are a little bit larger in size. Well there were a couple of > items that I would like smaller like the source and destination dwgs, > ha3s3, ha3s4, ha3s1, ha3d1. I'm trying to scale them back down to where > they were, but when I manually open up that file up with autocad and > adjust the size accordingly and save it everything looks like it's going > to work properly. Now when I insert it into my drawing the size is the way > I want it, but now the insertion point is off and my wire doesn't connect > with signal reference. How can I modify this? Do I use the black box > builder, but when I do, I don't know what it is, is it a terminal? a > child? a parent? I'm not quite sure. > > Can I somehow just move the insertion point to where I need it and be done > with it?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks, that was almost too easy.

Is that documented anywhere in the help. I couldn't find it.
Message 4 of 5
testsubject

amt,

When you scale the drawings you may have to go in and move the X?TERM?? wire connections to the locations they need to be to reline up with the other scale that you are using. This is really apparent when there are vertical termination points.

For example, if the original part had two termination points that are located 1" vertically from each other, then after scaling by .75 they will be .75 apart from each other. You would need to move them both equally apart to put the points back to the proper 1 " apart value(i.e. move one up .125 and one down .125).

This also holds true for insertion point. If you do not pick 0,0,0 as your reference scale point then the insertion point will be off after scaling.

All the drawings supplied in ACE have a reference point of 0,0,0. It would be in your best interest to continue with this. Trust me. It will help you later when something does not line up right during an insertion.

I have modified many of the existing drawings and always follow this procedure.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

amt_controls I am sure it is in the AutoCAD help as it is a base AutoCAD command, it isn't specific to AutoCAD Electrical. I am glad this worked for you -- Regards, ----------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------- Jared Bunch Autodesk, Inc ----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------- "amt_controls" wrote in message news:21868566.1103047505734.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks, that was almost too easy. > > Is that documented anywhere in the help. I couldn't find it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost