AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change or update cross reference style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
TRLitsey
980 Views, 4 Replies

Change or update cross reference style

I have two schematics of similar machines.  I want to use the half of the drawings from one machine and half the drawing from the other machine.  The cross reference symbols are different styles.  One uses the ‘xx-yy’ format and the other uses a hex symbol with over/under numbering.  Is there a quick way to change the style from one to the other?  Thank you

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jalger
in reply to: TRLitsey

Hi TRLitsey,

Without seeing exactly what your trying to do I would suggest the "Swap/Update block" Command.

It should let you swap out one of the styles with little effort. ( just pick the style you want, and run the replace project wide on the style you want to remove.)

If you need any help running the Command just ask,

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: TRLitsey

Once you add all the drawings to the same project, you can set the cross-reference style in project properties. You must then apply project defaults to all drawings in the project, using shift to select the drawings and right click to fly out the option to apply project defaults. Then perform a cross reference update project wide. Maybe I am misinterpreting your question?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:
Once you add all the drawings to the same project, you can set the cross-reference style in project properties. You must then apply project defaults to all drawings in the project, using shift to select the drawings and right click to fly out the option to apply project defaults. Then perform a cross reference update project wide. Maybe I am misinterpreting your question?

With the drawings coming from two different projects originally, will the cross references actually find each other?  I guess if all the signal codes match they might.  Interesting situation.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: drathak

If source and destination codes match, they should connect.  You will probably need to run the Update Signal References utility to sync them.

If the tags match between parent and child the cross references should function.  But you should run Update Crossreferences.  Project-wide update/retag might help.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost