AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change linetype or scale drawing wide

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TRLitsey
520 Views, 3 Replies

Change linetype or scale drawing wide

Hi, I am creating an assembly for a large free standing enclosure. The panel company provides 2D CAD drawings on their web site. The drawings are done in metric. I scale the drawing from mm to inches. The drawing has a mix of line types. The hidden lines, which are on several different layers, do not scale so they look a little clunky. They are intermingled with other line types on multiple layers such that it will be time consuming to try and select each hidden line to change its properties. Does anyone know of a way to change one line type in a drawing to another line type drawing wide? To say it another way, can I change every line of HIDDEN line type to lines of HIDDEN (.5x) line type in just a few steps? Thank you
Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: TRLitsey

there is a autocad command "filter" type filter at the command line

which you can set up to selct any objects in a drawing using filters you can do it by linetype or layer or colur or set the filter that it will only selct blue dahsed lines on layer door

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: ccad2509

If everything (or almost everything) is set to BYLAYER, then the only thing needed to change the linetypes is to change the layer setting.  If they *aren't* BYLAYER and you need to change them anyways, then its a good opportunity to start to make the rest of the job easier.  Oh, and keep an eye on annotation scale values and associated system variables as well.

Also, ensure all your linetypes are being loaded from the same file - typically ACAD.LIN for imperial drawings and ACADISO.LIN for metric drawings.  Loading some from a metric LIN file and some from an imperial LIN file is a shortcut to grey hair or baldness.  Establish a standard for linetype scaling values, typically following the Rule of Ones: LTSCALE 1, object LTSCALE 1, MSLTSCALE 1, PSLTSCALE 1.  The only exception would be using the imperial LIN file in a metric drawing (annoying, but clients are clients...) in which case a global LTSCALE of 10 works well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
jalger
in reply to: TRLitsey

Hi TRLitsey,

You could just use the Quick Select Command. 

Its located on:

Home > Utilities > Quick select (looks like a little Green Box with a Lightning Bolt)

Once in the Quick selection Dialog box just set it for what you are searching for (in this case linetype equals Hidden.

Hidden Line Change_1.png

After that select the linetype from the override

(Home > Properties > Linetype Dropdown.

Hidden_Line Change_2.png

This will only do one drawing at a time.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost