AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change jic to iec standard

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
persian_leo
22415 Views, 6 Replies

change jic to iec standard

hello all.

i want to change use iec blocks instead of jic block, but when i follow the steps on help and switch standards at step 6 i have a problem: i cant add the iec standard. how i can do it?

thanks.

1. Click Project tab   Project Tools panel   Manager.  Enter AEPROJECT at the command prompt.
  2. Right-click on the project name in Project Manager.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Select the Project Settings tab.
  5. Expand the Schematic Libraries section.
  6. Remove any folder names you no longer want and add any that you need. For example, remove the JIC folder and add the IEC library folder.

NoteAutoCAD Electrical searches for a symbol in the order the folders are listed.

1. Expand the Schematic Icon Menu File section.
  2. Remove the menu you do not want and add the menu you need. For example, remove the ACE_JIC_MENU.DAT file and add the ACE_IEC_MENU.DAT file.
  3. Click OK.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
testsubject
in reply to: persian_leo

It sounds like you might need to add the IEC library to you computer. This is not installed by default.

Run Change Program from Windows Control Panel and add the IEC libraries.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 7
persian_leo

so my problem is here. how i add the iec?

where exactly address I should go and add iec?

Message 4 of 7
testsubject

Go to Control Panel and select Uninstall Program.

You will need the Installation disk to proceed.

After the list comes up, Double Click on Autocad Electrical 20## and after the dialog box for that comes up, select Add and Remove Features.

Select what changes you want and wait about 1/2 hour for it to update.

That should do it.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

thanks for your helful answer. But during the installation progress i extract my ISO file to virtual disk and install. And now i want to change jic to iec standard but this modify require DVD instalation disk , not virtual disk. I can't burn my ISO file to DVD. Do you have link to downlaod Autocad Electrical 2012 for win 7 64 bits? I've tried to find in Autodesk website but hanve only Autocad Electrical 2012. I need 2012. Can you help me?

Thanks so much

Message 6 of 7
jwton

I was able to change the file paths and symbol library from JIC to IEC, but now when I insert a symbol it very large. Larger than the page. 

Is there a scaling from inch to metric somewhere?

Message 7 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: jwton

It sounds like you page is still set to the JIC page size.

To use IEC symbols on a JIC page, you need to scale them down by 25.4 or scale every thing on the page (and the page) up by the same.

To scale the blocks, insert a block from the insert component menu and enter 0.03937 in the schematic scale box at the bottom. Once you insert a block, ACADE will remember the setting for the next insert.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost