AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog lookup

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tci1515
670 Views, 4 Replies

Catalog lookup

New to Acad Electrical but when I go to the Icon Menu and choose Enclosures then try to do a Catalog lookup there's nothing in there to pick from, even when I do a search nothing comes up. How do I get the a manufactures database imported into the software?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: tci1515

These instructions are based on Windows 7.

First, close Autocad Electrical.

Open your Control Panel

Start the 'Programs and Features' tool and wait until it finishes populating the list.

Find Autocad Electrical in the list and select it.

Click on Uninstall/Change and you will get a security popup asking for Administrator Rights.

After getting past the security popup by either giving the Administrator's login and password or clicking yes (depends on your security setup), the Autocad Install screen will start. 

There will be three options, click on 'Add or Remove Features'

Go through and select the manufacturers you require by adding a check mark to the box in front of the required manufacturer.

Once that is finished, click on 'Next' to move to the next screen.

This screen allows you to add additional Symbol Libraries. Click Next after checking that you have your required libraries installed.

Final screen is the ability to Add/Remove features to the install.

Click on the update button to have the added catalog libraries installed along with any other changes you have made.

Once the update is finished, restart ACADE and try inserting an enclosure to check if the catalog data installed properly.

Regards Brad.

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
tci1515
in reply to: Icemanau

Worked great Brad, thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

TelemaniqueTelemaniqueHi

Im an old hand at Acad but new to Acad E. I did use the add remove manufacftures from control panel acade and added manufactures such as Hoffman and still cannot look up anything in EN or enclosures except Telemanique (origional default manufacture with AB). I looked at the catalogs file default_cat.mds and there is nothing but Telemaniquei in the manufacture column of the EN table. The library panel file folder looks like it has hoffman drawings ready to import. How do I get this database look up file to include the new manufactures I added.

Kevin

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found out that there were duplicate deuly_cat.mdb under a acad cash file with a search with the same date but bigger. It had hoffman references in EN table. I also found out that I had to copy the larger footprint_lookup.mdb file back to the catalogs file and replace the samller ones to get it to work. I do not understand why I had to do this.

Apparently the Schematic_lookup.mdb did not change.

Kevin   > take 2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost