I cannot seem to access any of the catalog tables. I can insert the component just fine and enter in all data on the individual component level; but the second I hit the "Lookup" button AutoCADE freezes on me.
We have our catalog on the server (that I have access to) and I have tried doing this from another computer and it works find. I have turned on the command trace (aeonlispdebug), on the working computer and on the problem computer and it appears the same commands are being run. I have attached a screen image of the problem trace because this causes AutoCADE to freeze. It does not go into a "Not Responding" state, just a frozen (waiting) state.
Under my assessment it looks like everything is running fine in AutoCAD, except for the point where the catalog dialog box is brought up. This would explain, why AutoCAD stays responsive and the catalog file becomes locked out (with an *.ldb file). It looks like it might be a problem with that catalog lookup dialog box.
Is the dialog box that is brought up with the "Lookup" button a .dcl file or some side file like that, which I can possibly search for to see if it is there and/or copy it from another machine?
And I know this next question probably will get me no where; but does anyone have any ideas, leads of what else could be causing this problem? I am using AutoCAD: Electrical 2009 on a 64-bit system, which is actually when the problem started.
So, for what it is worth it is not just the catalog lookup button that freezes AutoCAD. I tried inputting the information manually and then using the Drawing lookup button (for the next part) and I still get the same error.
Does this happen for all catalog values selected or specific ones on
specific types of components. I think there was a reported issue related to
values in the catalog database in the TEXTVALUE column.
wrote in message news:firstname.lastname@example.org...
So, for what it is worth it is not just the catalog lookup button that
freezes AutoCAD. I tried inputting the information manually and then using
the Drawing lookup button (for the next part) and I still get the same
May I ask you some questions about this issue? Thank you very much.
1. I got the information from another catalog lookup issue, seems you are using XP x64 OS which has the problem, right?
2. Is there any other Autodesk product in that problem PC besides ACE 2009 now? Please let me know the products names and versions if there are.
3. Whether there was some previous released ACE installed in that PC? Such as ACE 2007 or 2008, etc.
4. The catalog on the server is shared by your group? And whether you need to access the shared catalog at the same time? If others are not using that shared catalog, whether the problem is still there?
5. You mentioned it works well in another computer, whether that computer install ACE 2009 on x64 bit OS too? Is it XP or Vista OS?
I noticed this also and remembered that I had to set a couple of defaults in the options/files tab/Support file search path. Try setting the catalog lookup as one of the top settings in the series. When I did this, the catalog lookup did not lockup or delay in looking for the catalog database files.
2. I have standard AutoCAD 2009 (not the one that comes with Electrical). I also have AutoCAD Electrical 2010 and it is happening on both. I also have the other "free" programs that come with Electrical (Vault, TrueView, etc)
3. There have been no other previous releases since I got XP 64-bit, which was a reformat
4. It is on the network that is secured but I have write access. Also when I have the issue I know it tries to open the database because the LDB file come on. I then have to sign onto a 32-bit machine to unlock the database.
5. The only other computer I have tested this on is on a 32-bit XP machine, with AutoCADE 2009 and 2010.
I tried with some side-by-side products about this issue, but so far this issue is not able to reproduce in my test machines.
However I will have a try with your with the products you mentioned on XP x64 OS again and keep you updated.
In your XP x32 bit OS the one with ACADE 2009 and 2010, there is no such issue, right?
And do you mind if there are some screenshots or video for this issue based on your XP x64 OS for me reference?