AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Filtering Bug?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
dbrblg
652 Views, 12 Replies

Catalog Filtering Bug?

Whenever I place a component (all components are the same) and I come to do a part number lookup, I find there is always some kind of filtering.  

There always appears to be some text of filtering in the column textboxes as per the attached.  

This is the same for every component....I always find myself having to clear this filtering every single time and to be honest it's starting to really annoy me now.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
testsubject
in reply to: dbrblg

There is a table in the database called _LISTBOX_DEF. This where the default filtering for each family is stored. You can edit it to have whichever items you want each family to be filtered by.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 13
dbrblg

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the original post, the _LISTBOX_DEF table is completely empty so I'm guessing the filtering is not from there... Smiley Embarassed

Message 4 of 13
dbrblg

As an experiment, I thought I'd do the opposite with the _LISTBOX_DEF table in that instead of leaving ot blank, I'd add * into the columns so that all columns are filtered by that wildcard.

The attached image shows the results, which are interesting.  Although the _LISTBOX_DEF table says nothing should be filtered, something somewhere is overwriting this in the lookup table!!

Anyone know whats causing this?

Message 5 of 13
Nata_ly

But Bob is absolutely right. Please look closely, it should look like this:

Message 6 of 13
Nata_ly

Is this database a default database for this project?

Message 7 of 13
dbrblg
in reply to: Nata_ly

Ok, I think I see?  It looks as if you cannot filter on certain fields, if you do then you get the results I have. 

Now, if I have a * filter on manufacturer only, I get everything!!

Thanks for your assistance guys Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
dbrblg

This is a bit frustrating...I thought I had this but I haven't after all Smiley Frustrated

The first thing I did was to pull the default settings for the _LISTBOX_DEF table from the default installation which looked quite similar to the image nata_ly supplied. 

The problem with this is that I don't always want to search for 30.5mm buttons, sometimes I want 22mm.  Ideally I want to be presented with ALL options 30.5mm AND 22mm so I can decide which I want to use.

The second problem with filtering in this way is when it comes to two and three pole devices. For example a circuit breaker CB1.  The TABLENAME is CB1 and the TYPE becomes "1-pole*" which filters all the single pole devices.  When it comes to a two or three pole circuit breaker, the entry is still CB1 as it is just a duplicate for the 2nd and 3rd pole of the device.  I therefore cannot set TYPE to "2-pole*" or "3-pole*" respectively.

The third issue is when it comes to my power supplies.  In _LISTBOX_DEF, I enter PW but when I do a lookup, the RATING column is filtered however there is no RATING column in the _LISTBOX_DEF table.  I can enter any other column but I am still getting filtering on the RATING column and I don't know where that is coming from - I simply don't want it.

Message 9 of 13
Nata_ly

I can answer  only the first question now. Just leave TYPE field empty and you'll see all types. But AFAIK make it show 30.5mm AND 22mm is imposible. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 13
Nata_ly

RATING in PW = TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF.

Message 11 of 13
dbrblg

If RATING in PW = TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF is correct, how do I filter by TYPE?

The trouble with this is when I want to filter by single or three phase devices.  If RATING = TYPE then removing TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF (to remove the filter in the lookup) has no effect and for some reason still filters by the 5A device. 

On the other hand, if I add the RATING to the TYPE column I still have the same thing.  

This is really confusing and AutoCAD really need to rethink the catalogs in future releases to make this (and other related things) much easier to setup and more adaptive!!

Message 12 of 13
Nata_ly

I agree with you: many things in ACE are impossible or difficult to adjust to the user.
Perhaps the following will help you. When you do lookup, select the field where you have a filter on the RATING, and tape there *. This is a manual option but now I can not offer anything better and faster.

But it just came to my mind and it could be useful (I mean it works in m ACE). Try to make this two steps:

1. In PW in USER1 set "1" (for example) for single or three phase devices (so you can have 1 AND 3 phase at the same time)

2. In _LISTBOX_DEF :

- USER1 set "1

- TYPE set *

Message 13 of 13
Nata_ly

Note from HELP (F1): "Manufacturer is the second field, type is the fourth field, and style is the fifth field in a catalog table regardless of the actual column labels."

I think that's why RATING in PW = TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost