AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Database

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Patrick.Lee
5466 Views, 9 Replies

Catalog Database

Has anyone got a copy of the full default manufactures MDB file that comes with electrical, I have installed all the panel footprints on the installation (ABB,Schneider,Weidmuller etc..) but for some reason it didn't update my catalogue database ? Also do these panel footprints have wipout regions already assigned to them as the ones i have seen seem to overlap ?

Thanks !  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
gomanual
in reply to: Patrick.Lee

We are having the same problem with AutoCAD Electrical 2013.  When installing with all of the manufacturers selected the blocks are installed but the catalog databases are not populated.  default_cat & footprint_lookup only contain info on AB and ABB.

So far I have tried adding to an existing installation using the install/repair tool (no luck), doing a full repair (no luck), and completely uninstalling and reinstalling with all manufacturers selected (still no lock).  I have done this on two separate machines, both running Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 10
Icemanau
in reply to: gomanual

I just compared the CB table between 2015, 2014 and 2008 versions of the default_cat databse using microsoft access.

Here are the very interesting results.

2008 has 54858 records in the CB database which would include less than 100 I added myself.

2014 has 47410 records and this is AFTER running the merge utility. I noted that my additional content is missing.

2015 has 132011 records again after running the merge utility. Again my additional content is missing.

Now for the fun part. Doing a lookup in 2015, there is only the AB and ABB entrie showing up, no sign of any other records or manufacturers even though they are actually in the database. Lookup can not read the databases from 2014 or 2008, probably due to the 2 extra columns in the component tables.

Lookup in 2014 finds all the manufacturers in the database and the database can actually read the 2008 database as well.

Haven't tried the 2008 lookup with the 2014 database but it won't read the 2015 one. As expected the database that can be read has all entries available.

All this on 2 machines running Win 7 64 bit.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
mathalekar
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,

I have mailed you box location to help us sending your databases on which you are facing below complaints. Would like to take a look at it for analysis. Will it be possible to share with us ?

Also would suggest to check the log file post migration utility execution for what is added / overwritten. Secondly i want your help to let us know which options in migration utility your selected while using migration utility. (Copy / Merge & other few options) These selections matter most on acting the database merging part when we want to have a look at it.

Message 5 of 10
Icemanau
in reply to: mathalekar

Hi Mayuresh,

Almost deleted the Box email as spam, but your name did seem familiar so I checked the groups and verified it first.

I've now uploaded the three default_cat.mdb files each into their own version directory.

Also uploaded the ace-migration.log files for both the merges from 2008 and 2014 after running the merges again to get the different logs.

Added the logs for the 2014 default_cat and footprint_lookup merges as well.

I am runnin another merge to get the default_cat and footprint_lookup log files for 2008 and will upload those logs when it has finished.

Found this morning that the 2015 cat lookup is now showing more than just the AB and ABB CB's when I tested it. Still no sign of any of the additional content that I have added.

Content that I have added in the 2008 CB table is manufactured by our parent company with the Manufacturer field having HSS as the Data.

Migration options I use have all been to Merge/overwrite and then select the source and destination databases.

I have tried the 2008/2014 auto migration options and the custom where I only selected the catalog lookup and footprint lookup option.

Also noticed that I have to overwrite the copy of the 2008 databse afterwords if I want to try the merge again. If I don't the merge program throws up a error message saying the catalog has an invalid format.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
mathalekar
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,

I saw your uploads and will have a look at them one by one. Will revert to you if any information is required in case. Thanks for support.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

i have the same problem with autocad electrical 2015, i had install every library (SCHNEIDER, WAGO, ecc. ) but in catalog there are only ABB, AB and TELEMECANIQUE components. I have windows 7 64 bit

Message 8 of 10
NateWa

Hello,

I am having this same issue, using AutoCAD Electrical 2015, Windows 7 64 bit system. Just wondering if this has been fixed? I updated the manufacturers list, selecting all, and did not have any of my catalogs populate. Like the post above mine I just see ABB, Alen Bradley, and Telemecanique.

Message 9 of 10
automationstar
in reply to: NateWa

SCE and some of Hoffman's standard product line also...

Is Autodesk talking to manufacturers about using a standard XML format so the manufacturers end up doing the database maintenance on thier end yet?

Anyone else having this problem have manufacturers cad/database updating software installed?

If so, what are you using?

Message 10 of 10

I forgot to add that I am running into this problem with a fresh install of 2015 - so it isnt the update utility.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost