AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Check missing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gtralt
818 Views, 5 Replies

Catalog Check missing

I’m working with a fresh install of ACADE 2013 SP1 standalone on a brand new Dell laptop running Win 7x64 with only MS Office 2010 installed on it. When I right click on a component the “Catalog Check” button is grayed out. If I click on “Multiple Catalog” I am able to select the “Catalog Check” and it takes me to the default catalog but it is empty like ACADE is not seeing the default_cat.mdb and the file path on the top of the window is correct for my default_cat.mdb path.  I also added the file path for my default_cat.mdb to my WD.ENV file too as this is a fresh install on a brand new laptop. I followed the steps in the two links below and have had no success. I can open the default_cat.mdb just fine in MS Access.  Also when I right click on my project and select settings the default_cat.mdb path is correct. I’m lost as what to try next. I have done this same install on other desktop computers before with no trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Catalog-error-since-SP1/td-p/3652414/highlight/true

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Catalog-Lookup-Problems/m-p/2056584/highlight/true#...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gtralt
in reply to: gtralt

Nobody else has seen this issue?

Message 3 of 6
s.wile

Does the Lookup button work? Is this an existing drawing or a brand new symbol that was placed?

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 6
gtralt

Yes, the looup button works, and I can select Catalog lookup from there, but the parts catalog is blank and there is no option to  clear the selection fields.

Message 5 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

To help determine what is happening, can you upload a screen shot of the dialog that appears when you click Lookup? 

You could also try these troubleshooting steps and upload the log file. It might provide some information on what is happening. (Uppercase means it is a command to type on the command line.)

1. LOGFILEON

2. AEONLISPDEBUG

3. Perform your steps to reproduce the problem

4. AEOFFLISPDEBUG

5. LOGFILENAME 

6. Find the file based on the name returned in step #5 and upload.

I think the only time the Catalog Check button is disabled is when the component does not have a catalog value assigned. Does the component have a catalog? 

Is there any way you can upload your catalog database zipped? It might help if I looked at it.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
gtralt
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Ok, so I this is something that I just became aware of after upgrading to ACADE 2013 from ACADE 2012. In 2013 there is a lookup button now instead of a Catalog Lookup. The new Lookup button is not in the same place as the old Calatog Lookup button, it is just above it. I also had Use MISC_CAT table selected swich kept the fields from populating. I'm all set now. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost