AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Generate Reports

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Vulcan1970
766 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot Generate Reports

Hello, I am recieving an error message when i try to export data to a spreadsheet. The error reads "Cannot create file c:\documentsand settings\username\...     Make sure that wd_template.xls has >11 dummy columns and a single sheet named 'Sheet1' "  i opened the template from the program files and it is a blank file with three sheets and no content. i tried copying this file and placing it in my projects folder and nothing changed. i ran a rebuid project db and no change. i then deleted the scratch database and still no change. the command prompt reads "autocad electrical export--> Spreadsheet                   No data extracted"              this is the same message i get when i run a report.  The only time that a xls file is created is when i try to export to a spreadsheet and select general. i get a .xls file with multiple sheets and no content. 

any information would be helpful

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Vulcan1970
in reply to: Vulcan1970

also, i am running AE 2013

Message 3 of 6
kghew1

Hi

If you try and overwrite an existing spreadsheet export with a new version using the same filename, you will get a 'cannot create' message like this if the old version is still open in Excel.

Is it still open ? If so, close the old version first, then it should successfully overwrite.

Regards

Keith H

Message 4 of 6
Vulcan1970
in reply to: kghew1

thank you for the response

i tried rebooting the computer and only opening AE and then generate a report. this way there should not be any files open that could cause this error, but yet i still recieve the error. 

Message 5 of 6
Vulcan1970

Just to let everyone know, I upgraded my computer from a 32 bit to a 64 bit windows and the report problem was fixed along with other issues i was having. Im not sure if it was 100 % due to the NEW COMPUTER or because of the new install. 

hope this helps

Message 6 of 6
CAD-ICE

Just a side comment to this post.

I have been using ACADE since 2009 with regular upgrades to 2010, 2011, 2012 and some month´s ago I upgraded to 2013.

In general I would say that ACADE is a stable software and seldom I have needed to restart the machine or ACADE because of some iregularities. I´m working on a 32 bit machine and since upgrading to 2013 I have seen increased instability especially when working with import/export and the component database (default_cat.mdb). Maybe my old pc is on the edge of coping with the 2013 32bit version of ACADE...but if there is an issue on older 32 bit machines I would appreciate some responce from Autodesk in this matter. Anyway, I thought I should point this out when reading this post.

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost