AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Hotfix for SNAP mode ON AE2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
554 Views, 3 Replies

Can't install Hotfix for SNAP mode ON AE2012

Doesn't work >Hotfix - AutoCAD Electrical fails to recognize SNAP mode ON in specific commands.

When i'll insert a cable with shield in AE2012 (in the miscellaneous menu) i can't use the SNAP mode.

I try to install the update for the SNAP mode ON in specificid commands but he give me an error (see attachment)

Who can help me?

Is it an option to install the service pack 1 or other updates for autocad 2012 to?

Normally i only install the updates for Autocad Electrical.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

I cannot respond to the alert image you posted as it isn't in English. If you translate it maybe I can.

But, regarding the Snap behavior with the hotfix installed - it does not restore the behavior to exactly as it was in 2011. Here is an explanation of the behavior in 2012.

If no command is running the snap is not active. 

If you are running a command and you are selecting components the snap is not active. This is seen as an improvement because many times when you are trying to select a component and the snap is active it is difficult to select right on the component.

If you are running a command and you are selecting a location, the snap is active.

In AutoCAD Electrical there are some commands that your one selection is used for BOTH selecting an object and a location at the same time, for example the multiple bus command. The hotfix supplied addresses these situations so that during these selections the snap is now active.

It has been logged that some people wish to have an option to restore the behavior to how it was in 2011 but that is not part of the hotfix.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

Hello mckuiper,

Please don't double click the acad.exe to install the hotfix, you need to replace the acad.exe file in the ACE2012 installation folder.

Please refer to the hotfix readme file to check how to apply the hotfix.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

I followed the readme instructions and replaced the acad.exe file from the download for x64bit OS, and verified that it is version 24.2.51.2

But every time I go to start ACADE 2012, I get this attached error message. This is happening to 3 machines I have it installed on. Anyone seen this error message before?

Regards,

Scott

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost