AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Insert Individual PLC Blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stevehine111
300 Views, 2 Replies

Can't Insert Individual PLC Blocks

Using both 2013 and 2014, when I try to assign the catalog information to the block I'm inserting, I get the following message on the command prompt and nothing happens in the dialog box.

"Error: bad argument type: fixnump: T; error: bad argument type: fixnump: T".

It works correctly in 2011 using the same menus, blocks and catalog dtabase that I am attempting to use in the later versions.

Any Suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeholl
in reply to: stevehine111

Did you use the migration tools to migrate from one release to the next? There is not enough information in your post to really know what the problem might be, but using 2013 or 2014 to access a 2011 catalog database may be causing the problem.

Regards,

Lee

Message 3 of 3
stevehine111
in reply to: leeholl

No, I didn't use the migration utility. To date, it hasn't been necessary, and we've been using ACADE since 2007.

I think that I've actually tracked the problem to the env file.

The env file we use is hosted on a server, to ensure that everyone is using the same settings. When I open a project that references the exisiting env file I have problems.

I noted that the support path now includes the %WD_LANG% parameter that allows the "/en_us/" folder in the support path.

I've created a new env file in the server location the is specifically for 2014. Seems to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost