AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get ACADE 2012 to install, says it's already installed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnhaberman
850 Views, 2 Replies

Can't Get ACADE 2012 to install, says it's already installed

If anyone can help, I needit desperately.

I am installin ACAD Electrical 2013 on my co-worker's computer.  The first time it was installed, my coworker accidently deleted a file to where ACADE won't run at all and uninstall didn't work, since Control Panel>Programs didn't find the program. So my co-worker wen through and deleted all the ACADE 2013 files he could find.  Now we're trying to get ACAD E to re-install, but setup is saying that the program is already installed and won't go anyfurther than that.  Is there a file he missed? Please help.

Currently Running:

Windows 7 Pro

trying to install ACAD Electrical 2013 (stand alone license)

Thanks for any help in advance.

John Haberman

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lionSG
in reply to: johnhaberman

Hi,

Maybe you can find some help here on Autodesk knowledge base:

How to remove all Autodesk products from a Windows system

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
warrenandy
in reply to: johnhaberman

I had a user with the same exact problem with Product Design Suite for ACADE. Adsk support ended up showing me a few registry keys and then suggested removing all the support software as well, .NET, C++, etc. Some would fix one package but then the material lib would kick up. I would get that then another problem.

The user was having some permission problems with other programs and I am pretty sure permission was the problem to start with. So we ended up formatting the whole thing. Not sure what caused it to start with but it did not want to be removed from the registry.

A suggestion to adsk, work on the uninstall / installer for the suites. This is a big problem with 950+ seats to install. If something happened to all of them like this, I would not be a happy camper...   Robot wink

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost