AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find VRT1 from IEC icon menu dat file

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jmatt05
2090 Views, 8 Replies

Can't find VRT1 from IEC icon menu dat file

I switched the icon menu library to ACE_IEC_menu.dat so that I could use the VRT1 icon in my drawing. But when I use the icon menu and choose VRT1, it says file can't be found. What am I missing in order for AutoCAD to insert the icon into my drawing. I attached a picture of the error. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: jmatt05

You must also set up the project to search the IEC2 or IEC4 (the difference between the two of them is the size of the attributes) folder, so that it can find this VTR1.dwg.

PropProp.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 9
jmatt05
in reply to: rhesusminus

There is no IEC2 or IEC4 folders. Do I have to install those libraries or are the somewhere else? I've attached a picture of what I have in that folder. 

Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus

Hi.

Try going to the control panel in WIndows, and locate AutoCAD Electrical 2012.

Select Change/Uninstall, and select Add or Remove features.

In one of the steps that follows, you should be able to add the IEC symbol libraries as well:

SymLib.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
jmatt05

I found the folders in another location. It's apparently stored in the Autodesk folder shown below. 

untitled.JPG

Message 6 of 9
rhesusminus

That seems to be the location were you installed your downloaded(?) AutoCAD Electrical from. However... Just copy those folders to the same location as your other symbol libraries.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 9
jmatt05

Ok so I copied it over and got it working. Do you have an issue with icons being really large like shown below? Would you know how to fix this? This component is VRT1. 

untitled.JPG

Message 8 of 9
rhesusminus

All IEC symbols are made in metric units. You'll have to scale them down whem inserting then in a drawing created in imperial units. Try a lower scale factor in the insert component dialog (look at the bottom of this dialog).

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 9
jmatt05

Ok thanks that worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost