AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not find wd.env file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jfrock
1999 Views, 6 Replies

can not find wd.env file

We installed the ACE 2013 via a deployment file to inclulde network sharing and did not edit the wd.env file. All seemed to be working just fine until a fellow co-worker opened a project from another company. After he opened the project, now his system cannot find the wd.env file. How can I resolve this issue and prevent from happening again?

Thanks

Jason

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: jfrock

The project may use a project specific env-file.

Right-click on the project in project manager, and select Settings.

Now, press the button named "Environment file" and have a look around.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
jfrock

I looked at that area and it look liked it was defualted to the the network location. Everytime you open ACE2013 it cannot located the wd.env file. At the prompt, you can find it and select the file but the error happens again after shutting down ACE2013 and reopening?

Thanks

jason

Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus

Sounds strange. No "read-only" setting for the WDP-file?

Is the project located on a server? Try copying it locally.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7
jfrock
in reply to: rhesusminus

This was a customer project sent to us for print layouts to use. It was copied to the desktop and then he opened the project file.

Message 6 of 7
rhesusminus

Are you able to share this project here, via a private message or via e-mail?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 7
jfrock
in reply to: rhesusminus

I think I found our problem. Per our support staff, they wanted us to rename the local AEDATA folder on the hard drive. After this happened, the software was re-deployed but the folder was not renamed and the problem went away.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost