AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I decrease the linetype scale of my wire from the default AutoCAD values?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ElectroBoogy
325 Views, 1 Reply

Can I decrease the linetype scale of my wire from the default AutoCAD values?

I have wires with a phantom2 (.5 phantom line) linetype and I need to decrease the scaled appearance more than the default phantom2 linetype. I was able to do so by opening the AutoCAD Electrical dwg in vanilla autocad and force changing the LTS in the properties from 1.0 to 0.5 scale. That works but is there a better way or more proper way to do this using AutoCAD Electrical 2013?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Tee.Dee
in reply to: ElectroBoogy

If you are using a template to start each drawing, open your template drawing and bring up the 'Linetype Manager' dialog box, select the line type you wish to change (you may have to load it first) click the 'Show details' button on the top right then change the global scale factor of the line to suit your needs.

By doing this each new drawing you create using this termplate will use the scale factor you have chosen for that particular line type.

Also it doesnt matter if your using vanilla autocad or Elec 2013, the vanilla autocad tools can still be used.

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost