AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables - wishing/whining

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
pmccutcheon
156 Views, 0 Replies

Cables - wishing/whining

There are a number of things I would like to be able to do with cables:

1) I would like to be able to show one cable in several places - say once at one end, and again at another end. (I've proposed a work around elsewhere)

2) I would like to show a cable in multi-line format, and in one-line format.
Connector_Cable_Example.dwg -- CBL21370 is shown multline at the bottom, with PL21370; and single line about the middle of the page.
I've patched it up in the example, but there are several problems I think:
a) the instance at rung 4 is treated as a wire by AE (thinks its a conductor in the cable whereas really it is an instance of the whole cable)
b) there is no way to "attach" the one-line depiction to the components at either end.
i.e., I can't get a wire list that says "plug CBL21370 to CP21320 and TS21350".
or "PJ21370 mates with TS21350-PORTA
I suppose connectors also need a multiline and oneline representation

3) "Smart Fan In"
If I Fan signals into a cable, I would like AE to "remember" which signals/wire numbers/colors went in. Then, at the other end, when I fan out, I want to pick from a list of items that belong JUST TO THAT CABLE, not everything in the project or page. I'm thinking of ORCAD here.

4) Maybe we just aren't getting fan-in/out.
Cable_Example_Markup.Dwg is an example of one work around, lower right corner
-we haven't bothered to fan
-I think we are just finding it too tedious to name every signal, then pick the correct one at the other end. Looking at 10 signals in this one section alone.
-the cable doesn't tie to the fan very well

5) No easy way to enter cable lengths.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost