AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Summary Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alljones
568 Views, 4 Replies

Cable Summary Help

Hi

I'm having problems with the cable summary report displaying the Ratings fields when crated for my one-line drawings.

As the JPEG shows the rating fields are displayed when the summary is created from the schematics.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem as all the cables are shown on the schematics, but with this project we have several signal cables which are shown on the one-line drawings only, meaning I have to use these drawings to get the summary.

My steps for creating the summary is

1. Click report icon on the ribbon

2. Select cable summary from the report name list

3. Select either schematic or one-line in the category pull down

4. Click the OK button

5. Select all drawings

6. Click OK to generate report.

Is there a setting somewhere that needs changing? I'm using ACADE 2013

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Allan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: alljones

Hi.

Does your one-line cable symbol have a RATING1 attribute as well?

Got it to work here (Also AcadE 2013 running on W7 x64) when the On-Line symbol also contained the RATING1 attribute.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
alljones

Hi THL

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried the cable summary again for a different project and found that I get the same result, the RATING attributes will be shown for the schematic summary but not the one-line, see the attached JPEG.

I've found that the RATING1 attribute is usually the parent core colour for the cable, again this is showing up in the schematic cable summary but not the one-line summary.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Allan

P.S. I've copied my catalogue to one of our mechanical designers ACADE (we're using Autodesk product design suite Premium) so that the RATING values are available, created a basic project then run both types of summary's with the same result.

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus

Hello again.

See attached drawing.

I've inserted a One-Line cable, and a "normal" cable. To the "normal" cable, I added the RATING2 and RATING3 attributes, and gave them a values of "VALUE 2" and "VALUE 3".

For the ON-line cable symbol, I added the RATING1, RATING2 and RATING3 attributes.

Then, I "connected" the One-Line symbol to the "normal" cable symbol, via Edit Component, so that all values was copied from the "normal" cable symbol, to the one-line symbol.

Now, I saved the drawing, and ran the AEREBUILDDB command, since I had manually added the attributes. I'm not sure if AcadE got this.

When the full rebuild was done, I ran the Cable Summary report twice, one for One-Line and one for Schematic. Inserted both as a table in the attached drawing.

Hope you are able to do the same in your installation, using my drawing.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
alljones
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi THL

Thanks for your reply.

I found that my none of my cable symbols, HW001 etc,  had the rating attributes, It seems that the schematic symbols HW001 and VW001 pick up the RATING values I've added to the TEXTVALUE in the catalogue, but the one-line symbols. HW001_1- and VW001_1-,  need to have the RATING attributes added for the cable summary to be able to display them.

Now I've added the RATING attributes to my one-line symbols all is working.

Thanks again for you help, I'm not sure I would have though about adding the RATING attributes to the symbols if you hadn't of pointed me in the right direction

Cheers

Allan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost