AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
imoneluckyman
Message 1 of 16 (661 Views)

Cable source & destination fan out.

661 Views, 15 Replies
05-18-2012 09:27 AM

I am wanting to fan out a cable & source it to another drawing. I don't understand how to use the Fan In/Out Source & Destination Markers. When I try to use these markers, it combines all of my conductors to have the same wire number & color. I need to keep all conductors seperate from one sheet to the next. Please explain.

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 16 (643 Views)

Re: Cable source & destination fan out.

05-23-2012 05:25 PM in reply to: imoneluckyman

I would really, REALLY reccomend that you take a class in AutoCAD Electrical to learn this, and other functionalities of AcadE.

However, Doug McAlexander has already covered this here. A quick SEARCH (you should try it!) gives you THIS: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Fan-in-Fan-out-tutorial/m-p/1820380/highlight/true#...

Trond Hasse Lie

ECAD Consultant, CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
jmartof
Message 3 of 16 (581 Views)

09-11-2012 08:05 PM in reply to: imoneluckyman

Well Gee a quick search brought me here.... to find and answer.... and all I see is a bunch of " it's allready answered / you should take a class comments" ....  How can anybody find anything on this site ... as it's all full of people asking question and NO ONE answering directly.   Please Autodesk go to WOWHEAD.com  and learn what a properly manage  Discussion Site LOOKS like. 

Contributor
sstrecker
Message 4 of 16 (540 Views)

09-24-2012 12:09 PM in reply to: jmartof

Agreed.  I didn't pay almost $700 to subscribe to this forum just to be told to take a class.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 5 of 16 (536 Views)

09-24-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: sstrecker

I am not sure why you think you had to pay $700 to subscribe to the forum because it is free and we are not AutoCAD employees. In fact only a handful of AutoCAD employees even check this forum. The majority of us are users, just like yourself, who take the time out of our busy schedules to help each other out. Occasionally, we get requests from people that need more help than we can offer and suggest they take a class because this is a very complex piece of software requiring approx. 3 months to get proficient enough to start using it effectively.

Pardon us if we "come off' a little gruff at times...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Contributor
sstrecker
Message 6 of 16 (526 Views)

09-25-2012 11:47 AM in reply to: testsubject

I had to buy the ACE subscription and this forum came with it as a consolaion prize :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 7 of 16 (521 Views)

09-25-2012 01:31 PM in reply to: imoneluckyman

This is a user forum hosted (paid for) by Autodesk.  There is no fee to sign up.  You can view all you like, but to post on the forum you must join, but there is no fee.  I wish they would charge a fee because there have been those who post misinformation in at attempt to attract people to a competitive software instead.  The competitors only allow registered users of their software to access their support forums.  But this one has always been free.  And yes, some things are better understood in a classroom setting where you can see, touch, and feel, and get help from an instructor.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Contributor
A2u1t5o9desk
Message 8 of 16 (186 Views)

06-11-2014 12:32 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander
Does anyone here know how to use the fan in/out tool? There doesn't seem to be any documentation.
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 9 of 16 (183 Views)

06-11-2014 12:39 PM in reply to: imoneluckyman
I have posted about this before. Try searching this forum for information about Fan in and fan out.
Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Contributor
A2u1t5o9desk
Message 10 of 16 (179 Views)

06-11-2014 01:38 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander
I think some of the confusion is not knowing what it can do. Can the fan in/out tool: 1. automatically generate the nice "fan in fan out" shaped objects that unite separate wires onto one wire? or, is it the case that the fan in/out tool only 2. manages the wire tags and connections after MANUALLY drawing all the "fan in fan out" elements? Knowing this would help me in the search for documentation, because if #2 is the case, then I'll give up the search for #1. I've seen some nice drawings that seem like they'd be something CAD makes on the fly, but maybe that's not true.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.