AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Markers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
STEVENAR
736 Views, 6 Replies

Cable Markers

Hi,

It is possible to link cable marker tags to component tags. So that when a component tag is changed the cable marker tag is also changed.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
John
in reply to: STEVENAR

Don't think so. But someone might correct me! Standing by to learn something.

Message 3 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: John

Is it possible to make cable markers invisible?

Message 4 of 7
testsubject

You can make cable markers invisible by editing the dwg and doing a swap block.  the cable marker value will still be there when doing any reports though.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: testsubject

I do know how to edit a symol and make an attribute invisible. However not sure how to make the symbol invisible. Please can you advise how to edit a block and make the symbol invisible.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7
algerj

Hi Steve,

Option 1:

You could have the component drive the marker if you made it a child component.

But that means you would need a child cable marker for every component that the marker would "Pull" its tag from.

I'm not sure I would go through the trouble unless I really had to.

Option 2:

To hide the tag, this can be done a few different ways.

You can use the Hide Attribute Command (single or Group whichever works best for the Situation).

Or

You can  edit the component (As stated by Bob), Hide the text.

To hide the text set the attributes to invisible in the attributes properties.

Option 3:

Hide the component itself. 

To hide the component delete the geometry (or draw a straight line with wire connections on both sides) and leave the attributes.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 7 of 7
cawaugh

I know this post was from a couple of years ago but why not just insert a child cable marker (which already exists in the menu) and when you are asked to select the parent just select the device. It will ask you if it is ok to change the family code, you select ok and off you go. if you change the parent device, it changes the child cable marker. the only downside I see is if there is an xref attribute, it will now contain the location of the cable as well as , say an child contact, etc. you can hide the tag attribute so you just see the marker if you want but that kind of defeats the purpose of have it the same. Unless it is mainly for reports you are doing this. I have been asked this many times so maybe others will search and find this easy solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost