AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Marker information

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
271 Views, 1 Reply

Cable Marker information

What is the best way to pass cable marker information?  I have a 6 conductor twisted pair cable that goes from sheet 23 to 26.  I would like the cable marker information to automatically pass to sheet 26, but the only way I could find was to manually create a duplicate child marker on 26.  However, this doesn't pass the information automatically if the marker information on sheet 23 is updated.  Even if I use individual Source and Destination arrows for each core, the marker information is not passed.

I've tried to use the Fan_In and Fan_Out feature, but that only works for wire numbers.  I know that I could name the wire # per the twisted pair color, but I have some drawings that have wire numbers and the core colors.

On a side note, why doesn't the description update from the Fan_In source to the Fan_Out destination?  It seems to pass only on the initial creation, but doesn't update if the Fan_In is changed later.  Wire number works fine for Fan_In/Fan_out feature.

Cable Marker Example.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ccad2509
in reply to: Anonymous

yep ive got the same problem

but most of my cables are not tewisted pairs so there is an extra cable marker symbol but its not very good as you link it to the main cable marker it will not update if any of the information changes in the parent (someone didnt think that through did they ?)

2 options

1) create a non inteligent twisted pair marker and enter the data manually

2) if your not going to genrate cable reports etc the use the inteligent cable markers and just accept the audit being wrong (but then again its always wrong)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost