AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable list - FROM/TO listing

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
adrien.levasseur
6036 Views, 14 Replies

Cable list - FROM/TO listing

Hi all,

I would like to get a list of all cables ordered by localisation FROM then by localisation TO (then by TAG).

By using Cable summary report, i am not able to have the localisation TO

By using Cable From/To report, i have each conductors of the multicore cables. But i never have 1 cable going to several localisation in one end.

Could you help me solve how to add localisation TO in the Cable summary ?

If impossible, is there .mdb file that contain all the wires informations ?

Thanks in advance 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Maybe I am misunderstanding your problem, but the Cable From/To report will display all Location Codes that  you select when you generate the report (see attached screen capture).  Be sure you have the LOC1 and LOC2 fields in your report.  You can rename the fields once you move them into the report.  Perhaps rename LOC1 to LOC FROM and rename LOC2 to LOC TO.

Hint: You can also add the cable information to a Wire From/To report by clicking Change Report Format after you generate the Wire From/To list.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 15

First of all, thanks for your consideration

Yes, you misunderstood me... And maybe my explanation not good enough.

I would like to have a report FROM/TO about cables, and not for each wires of the cable.

If you are the guys who pose the cable, you don't care the localisation of each wires, but you care the localisation of the entire cable. So the report you show me is over detailed compare the function i need.

Moreover (in my case) i never have wires from a single cable that goes in several localisation in one end.

This should look like :

CABLE N°

FROM

TO

MFG

CAT

Until now, i use my own .mdb or .xls files. But ACE could be more convenient by doing this task by itself.

Message 4 of 15
CAD-ICE
in reply to: adrien.levasseur

Hello Adrian,

Seems like you want to run a report called "Cable from/to" report. This report gives you the option to define from which locations you want to list cables for. This report is wery easy to use and straight forward (see attached image).

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 15
adrien.levasseur
in reply to: CAD-ICE

The way i found is to erase all lines without MFG value toget what i need

Let's the picture talks for me....

I feel upset, cause the cable summary didn't give me the LOC1 and LOC2, this would be exactly what i need

Thanks for help, but still want more information on it Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 15
CAD-ICE

Hello again!

I´m not sure if I follow you but by looking at the picture it seem like the report you are trying to make is a summary of cables routed from one location to another with information on cable manufacturer and cable type right?

Please refer to the attached image which shows a cable from/to report from one of my projects. Isn´t this what you are after?

Regards, Gary

Message 7 of 15
adrien.levasseur

Hi again,

Your report looks exactly like the way i want...

What is report generator ? Could you show me how to use it and get same report as you ?

Message 8 of 15
CAD-ICE

Hello Adrian,

you simply click on the "Reports" Tab and then click on "Reports" on the Schematic tab. This opens a new window called "Schematic Reports". Now choose the report named "Cable From/To" and choose the Category Scematic and hit the "OK" button. This opens the "Select Drawings to Process" dialog window and you select the drawings you would like to process og select "Do Al"l if you like and hit the "OK" button. This should open the next window which is the "Location Code Selection for From/To Reporting" dialog window. Now chooce locations from and to and hit th "OK" button. This finally opens the "Report Generator" dialog box where you can design the report layout for instance by clicking on the "Change Report Format" button which opens a dialog window allowing you to select fields to report. In your case you would like something as shown on the attached image.

I hope this get´s you on the right track...

Regards, Gary

Message 9 of 15
adrien.levasseur

Hello Gary and all,

What you told me gives me a list of each single conductor for all cables in my drawings.
I think it works for you because you are using fan in/out for the cable. So the symbol of cable appears only one time for all conductors. But in my case, i used mulitple mount symbol (see the appendix.dwg).

So i should learn to use fan in/out and my report will looks better

Message 10 of 15
CAD-ICE

Hello Adrien,

I think you are misunderstanding something. The fan-in/fan-out tool is used to combine /collect a number of conductors into a single "Fan-IN" source object , whereafter you can distribute the collected conductors on various drawings through multiple "Fan-OUT" destinations.

The cable from/to reports as you mention a list for each conductor in all cables showing the connection of each conductor in two different locations. If you however wish to create a cable list showing only the cable tag and maybe some technical details for the cable type and descriptions, you should generate instead a bill of material report instead and filter out everything except cables as a suggestion ??

THL.

Gary 

Message 11 of 15
sonny3g

Or, he could just run a Cable Summary report.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 12 of 15
dougmcalexander
in reply to: sonny3g

He wants a Cable From/To report with Location Code From and Location Code To, but he only wants to see the  CBLTAG, CBLMFG, and CBLCAT - no core wires.  He could generate a cable from/to report and use Edit Mode to delete the cores.  (see attached screen capture)  A cable summary report doesn't include LOC FROM and LOC TO.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 13 of 15
tlynch72
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I know this is an old post but i am currently looking to do the same report mentioned above.

How about adding the LOC1 and LOC2 attributes to the selectable fields in a Cable Summary Report.  This is a common list to hand contractors for quoting purposes.

Message 14 of 15
rhesusminus
in reply to: tlynch72

If I understand you correctly, there is a solution available.

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 here

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 here

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 15 of 15
tlynch72
in reply to: rhesusminus

I'm using 2016 AutoCAD Electrical.  I tried extracting the folder and the new user post did show up, but it did not remove the child components from the report list when I ran it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost