AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable ID/color gets deleted when selecting a new tag

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rhesusminus
413 Views, 2 Replies

Cable ID/color gets deleted when selecting a new tag

Hi (hopefully) someone at Autodesk ( @Anonymous ?) .

As this is more of a bug than a new idea, I post it here rather than in the ideastation.

I use copy circuit to copy wires/cable markers in my project. Then I use the used tags button to pick up the new tag, form the one-line diagrams. Everything is the same, i.e. it's the same cable type etc. only the tag differs. For some reason, the cable id/color is cleared when I do this.

Seems like a bug to me, but maybe there is a logical explanation for this?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am able to reproduce what you describe. If the cable marker you are editing has no catalog value or the catalog is different than the one-line cable marker, the color is left as-is. But, if the cable marker you are editing has the same catalog value the color is blanked out. You would have to use the Drawing or Project buttons under the color to pick the color from what is available for that catalog and reassign it.

I will log this.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

@Anonymous wrote:

I am able to reproduce what you describe. If the cable marker you are editing has no catalog value or the catalog is different than the one-line cable marker, the color is left as-is. But, if the cable marker you are editing has the same catalog value the color is blanked out. You would have to use the Drawing or Project buttons under the color to pick the color from what is available for that catalog and reassign it.

I would think this is as-designed.  Just not for the use you're using it for.  It avoids having the same color used twice in the same cable.  You just don't get the chance to tell it that you are creating a new cable before it decides to wipe them out.

Sound about right?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost