AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Gland (or other accessories) advices and BOM

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
adrien.levasseur
2835 Views, 5 Replies

Cable Gland (or other accessories) advices and BOM

Hello to AutoCAD Electrical Community !

I am improving my AE skills everyday, thanks to your advices and my perseverance ^^

But i'd like to know the way you take in charge the cable gland (or other accessories) so that the BOM is complete.

My first thought was to put them in the multiple catalog for each cable in schematic drawing.

Then in the panel drawing, i could refer to the wire schematic to insert the cable gland on a gland plate view...

But as the cable may have 2 or more cable glands, i guess it could give conflicts to make 2 panel representation of only one schematic symbol

Another thought is that the cable gland is independant, and i should use a schematic report for the cables incoming/outgoing a locationto represent cable gland plate, with no link to schematic (my cables location use FROM->TO, ie FROM the cabinet +A3 TO the Junction Box C1, the cable location would be +A3->C1). But the question would be : Does AutoCAD can compiled the panel+Schematic to generate a whole project BOM ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion and advices you would give me.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ramhider
in reply to: adrien.levasseur

I put the cable glands on the panel layouts.

When you do a BOM report, use the one for panel components.  On the menu for the report there is a checkbox to include schematic components. Select the box and run the report, it will list panel and schematic components on one BOM.

ramhider

Message 3 of 6
pmccutcheon
in reply to: ramhider

In the schematic I usually use CBL cable markers to show the cabling.

I then add the gland as a multibom item to the CBL

If I need a gland at both ends, then several multiboms.

Sort of seemed logical to associate the gland with the cable

We usually run Panel Boms with the "include schematic" option checked

Message 4 of 6

Could you explain what is "multiborn" ?

Do you mean multiple catalog ?

Then how do you represent the cable gland plate on the panel ?

Does the cable gland get his own tag, or get the cable tag ?

For me too, it makes sense to link the cable gland with the cable itself. But because it has no functionnal utility, it should not be symbolised in the schematic drawing.

I would also like to create a cable gland plate on the panel drawing, but if i use multiple catalog i probably won't be able to insert several glands from one cable.

I think ramhider solution is not so bad, but it could be a source of error and a bit more time consumming ( even if that is the way i am using right now)

I didn't know the including schematic option when creating panel BOM,

Thanks for the advices...

Message 5 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: adrien.levasseur

When you add a item to a component using the Multiple Catalog function, you can specify the quantity.

For example, you would specify the cable, then add the cable gland using the Multiple Catalog option.

Before you click OK to exit the Multple catalog, you place the qty required in the count box.

If this is left blank, ACADE will set the count to 1.

See the attached JPG for the appropriate dialog from the 2008 release.

How you represent the Cable Gland on a panel layout can vary. You couold use a plain circle, a partial footprint, a complete footprint or something else entirely. It's all up to you. You just need to make sure that there is a legend or key that lets people know what the various symbols mean.

I do show the cable gland on our schematics as there is and earth connection to it and the armoured screen on the 11kV cables. I've also seen glands shown on LV schematic drawings. It just depends on how detailed the drawings are required to be.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 6 of 6

Does 2015 comes with some cable glands manufacturers and is there a confirm method on how to automate the cable with gland on a BOM - pardon me if there is a solution for this.? I seem not to see any.

Also, when I insert a fuse(HFU0) I didn't see the electrical box which ususally comes up, what seem to be the problem?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost