AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Nitro
Message 1 of 4 (170 Views)

Cable Diagram?

170 Views, 3 Replies
04-08-2004 11:36 AM
It looks like most info is on the creation of Schematics and Wiring Diagrams. What do some of you use to create Cable drawings used for the manufacturing of Wire Harnesses? What comes first, the wire diagram or Harness? Can AutoCAD E do this? My class is next week and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before hand.
*Scott Reese \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 4 (170 Views)

Re: Cable Diagram?

04-09-2004 03:17 AM in reply to: Nitro
Hi, AutoCAD Electrical can be used to design the 2D "Point-to-Point" wiring diagram that can in turn drive the cable and harness functionality inside of the Autodesk Inventor Professional product. This provides a true 3D representation and routing of the harness that can be applied directly to a model. To learn more about how this works, please check out this Cadalyst article. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=4131575 Hope this helps. Scott Reese Product Manager AutoCAD Electrical ----------------------------------- "Nitro" wrote in message news:2949710.1081449410116.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It looks like most info is on the creation of Schematics and Wiring Diagrams. What do some of you use to create Cable drawings used for the manufacturing of Wire Harnesses? What comes first, the wire diagram or Harness? Can AutoCAD E do this? My class is next week and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before hand.
Nitro
Message 3 of 4 (170 Views)

04-09-2004 04:06 AM in reply to: Nitro
Thank you very much. I am an ex Pro-e user and am very excited about learning AutoCAD. We do have Inventor. Thanks again.
*Scott Reese \(Autodesk\)
Message 4 of 4 (170 Views)

04-09-2004 05:51 AM in reply to: Nitro
Hi Nitro, Just to be clear, the passing of wire information to Inventor Professional is available only from AutoCAD Electrical, not vanilla AutoCAD. Regards, Scott -------------------------- "Nitro" wrote in message news:17586368.1081508822703.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thank you very much. I am an ex Pro-e user and am very excited about learning AutoCAD. We do have Inventor. Thanks again.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.