AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# Custom Tools Conversion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
christophertodd1
354 Views, 3 Replies

C# Custom Tools Conversion

I have some tools that were written in C# for AutoCAD 2010 and I now need to convert the code to work with AutoCAD Electrical 2015. (Some changes must have taken place because they will not work in 2015 versions) Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get instructional information on the process involved to do this? The keyword here bing "convert".

Any tips or tricks you may know of would be helpfull. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: christophertodd1

There are a couple of large changes - one being the removal of fibres and the other being the split between the program and the UI.  The former shouldn't affect you much unless you are using NEXTFIBREWORLD on a regular basis.  The latter is probably the big one - there are now three references to be working with (AcMgd, AcDbMgd, and now AcCoreMgd).  A number of methods have now been changed to extension methods.  Provided your code is well managed, it should just take changing to the two existing reference DLLs to the appropriate version and adding the new one.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
mickey0601
in reply to: dgorsman

Are there any developers guides for Acad electrical. I have the Autocad .NET developers guide, but that does not go into the Electrical version. I want to control Autocad electrical Through C#. We have Autolisped the hell out of it, but there are project-wide tasks that we cannot get Lsip to do. We can build a project from one command. It creates all the pages, adds the descriptions, numbers them, and updates everything. We also use DCL's to select parts fro our circuits and we build an entire page in undedr 5 seconds. the only problem is that if werun a script file to run the lisps, it locks up after each drawing. I think that controlling it from c# can elimnate that problem if only I can get my hands on all of the Electrical properties and methods.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: mickey0601

There is no other API for AcadE specific stuff other than the LISP one. 

You are able to communicate with lisp via. NET and it seems to work quite well.  Also,  I tend to "reverse engineer" AcadE to do things "manually" but still makes sure AcadE understand what I've done.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost