AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus and Source/Destination Issues with ACADE 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amh90hewitt
223 Views, 3 Replies

Bus and Source/Destination Issues with ACADE 2015

Good Morning Everyone,

The company I work for has been running ACADE 2015 for the past few months (originally upgraded from ACADE 2014). As we work through design work, we have begun to see issues arise. We believe some of these issues carried over from ACADE 2014 but I want to see if anyone knows the solution (whether its a way you found around the problem or if we are simply doing something wrong).

1.) When we run a 3 phase line, the wires are treated to be as individual wires. For 3 phase, the wire gauge is not going to change. It will remain consistent between the phases. Why does ACADE treat them as individual wires? It should update all 3 phases when one phase is change (layer wise).

2.) When we run buses from the distribution block, ACADE treats it as if it is a wire. In reality, this is not a wire but simply a connection point to the distribution block. When you bring in a wire to one of the phases, teh wire will automatically updates to the wire layer the bus is set as. In reality, not everything connected to the bus will be the same wire size (they will change from device to device). One solution we found was to place terminals for the connection point to create the break. Anyone know of a different solution as to how to create that break?

3.) When we run a source/destination set up, the wire connected to the destination will change automatically when the destination arrow is placed (it will match to what the wire connected to the source is). When we change the wire (whether it be the wire gauge or color), it will not adjust the destination side. How do we go about making this happen?

Thank you in advance for any answer you may be able to provide.

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amh90hewitt
in reply to: amh90hewitt

Anyone with any potenital solutions or suggestiong (even if they are simple, no there is no solution)?

Message 3 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: amh90hewitt

Hi Aaron.

1. Multi phase wires has always been separate wires as far as I know. So, you need to select all wires when you use the convert wire tool.
  2. If there IS something there, that you connect a wire to, it should be drawn. Terminals, like you've already done, or maybe a custom symbol with some internal jumpers, so that the wire numbers doesn't change going through this symbol?
  3. Unfortunately this is a limitation in the software. You'll have to change the wire type on the destination network manually. As far as I know there is no warning about this anywhere either.

I don't believe any of these points are related to AcadE 2015. Pretty sure they were the same in AcadE 2014 an earlier.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 4
amh90hewitt
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for the response. When I started at my place of employment, they were in the transition of going from 2014 to 2015 so I didn't experience much with 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost