AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM table issue.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
sonny3g
975 Views, 9 Replies

BOM table issue.

I am getting a weird result when running a Purchase Tallied format bill of material and placing it on a drawing.  I have tried it with both ACADE 2012 and 2014 with the same result.  Some of the rows show the height as if all of the tags are included even though I am not including the tags as part of the report.  See the picture below, on the left is what it should look like (an imported Excel spreadsheet) and on the right is what it looks like.

TABLE-ISSUE.PNG

Any one got any ideas on how to fix this?  I tried to manually resize the rows, but the table will not let me do it.

Thanks.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dougmcalexander
in reply to: sonny3g

I have a modified version of the lisp routine pur_pbom.lsp that removes the blanks. The software normally expects tags to be present and, even if you remove the field, the report maintains the space for the tags. It was written that way back in the earliest days of the software. The developer never anticipated that someone wouldn't want to know which components the part number is associated with. IEC typically requires tags on the BOM because they don't usually use balloons to cross reference between panel and BOM. But I agree that tags aren't necessary for a BOM that goes to purchasing.

I'm traveling at the moment and answering you with my phone. When I get a chance I will post the modified lisp file.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 10
sonny3g
in reply to: dougmcalexander

That would be awesome Doug!  As usual, YOU DA MAN!! Smiley Very Happy

Scott G. Sawdy
Message 4 of 10

I made sure this issue was logged. I apologize for this inconvenience.

If the user post that Doug supplies works for you, and if you are using AutoCAD Electrical 2015, you can add that user post option to the report's default format .set file (or a specific format file if you are using a specific one). That way it runs automatically any time you run that report saving you from having to run the user post manually.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
dougmcalexander

Hi Scott!  There are 4 files in the attached zip file.  One is the lisp file that supports the creation of a Tallied Purchase List Format Panel BOM, but this one has additional code to allow you to call User Post 3 from the .SET file, which normally removes the Item Column Repeats.  This version was also modified by Pat Murnen, to remove the blanks left over when not reporting tags.  Open the pur_pbom.lsp file and view with Notepad, if you wish to read the notes at the top of the file, which explain what has been modified.

I have also attached the pur_pbom.dcl (dialog control language) file that works with pur_pbom.lsp.  No changes have been made to this file though.

The third file I have attached is my modified pur_pbom.set file which has the line to call for the execution of User Post 3, to be executed from the lisp file.  You can rename this file if you wish.  You will notice a line in the .SET file that reads as:

User Post Process = 3

HInt: If you ever need to add a User Post Call to your report.set file you can add it to the end of the file. The software might move it to the middle of the file after you click save, as you will see in the attached file.  This is normal.

Note: If you are using AutoCAD Electrical release 2015, you do not need to use my modified .SET file.  Release 2015 has an option button in the Report Format Setup that allows you to define a User Post to run as part of the report.  (see attached screen capture)

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 6 of 10
sonny3g

Thanks Doug and Pat.  We are not using AutoCAD 2015 and will not be for a few years because of compatibility issues with Bentley products that other departments use here.

Scott G. Sawdy
Message 7 of 10
dougmcalexander

Glad to help Scott.

Doug McAlexander

Message 8 of 10
breierg

Trying to set the user post selction in the report format file setup dialog I get the autoCAD warning

can't find _wd_post_setting function

any ideas??

Message 9 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: breierg

It sounds like you are using an older user post .lsp file. To make the user post work in the format files and run automatically some changes were made to the user post .lsp framework. So you won't be able to use any customized user post files from previous releases. You can most likely copy your custom sections in the older .lsp file to the newer .lsp file. The basic framework is the same in the newer files as far as defining the options. It is a little hard to explain but if you compare the older .lsp files with the 2015 .lsp files you will see the changes made so that it works within a report format .set file.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
breierg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Apon futher review, that was that case

Thanks Pat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost