AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Reports on footprints are not syncing to the correct catalog category

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cpleas
3474 Views, 2 Replies

BOM Reports on footprints are not syncing to the correct catalog category

I am having an issue with my default_cat.mbd file and my footprint library. When I run a BOM report for my schematic all of my information for part numbers is there including descriptions. When I run a BOM for a panel I am only getting the part number and manufacturer, no descriptions. 

I have opened the edit component dialog on the panel footprint. I selected catalog lookup, and it goes straight to the first catagory "AL" (alarms, buzzers,etc)

This tells me when its running the BOM report for the panel it is looking for the information in the AL category, and it should be looking elsewhere because its crossed referenced straight to the component in the schematic. For instance on a control relay "CR", I reference the footprint to the correct CR, it transfers the tag, manufacturer, and catalog information. But when the report runs thats all I get in the report because the software is looking in the AL part of the .mdb for the description and other user info I use. 

If i go into the foot print; catalog lookup, and add the information in the AL category the report runs correctly. This isnt the right way to do it and i have to do the work twice this way. Also, if i go into the footprint and change the category to CR and find the correct info it will run the report correctly. I should not have to do this either because it should pull that when i make the foot print and reference it. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for this? Am I making the foot print wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cpleas
in reply to: cpleas

I should add that when I insert a footprint I used the "schematic list" button to relate that footprint to a component. 

Message 3 of 3
cpleas
in reply to: cpleas

I found the problem. For some reason autodesk wants you to tell it what catalog category to look in for a bom report. When you make a foot print block you have to specify it in the attribute list (on the left)

the attribute you look for is WDBBLKNAM, it has a pull down menu. Change that to the correct category and it will run the BOM correctly. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost