AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM reporting questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
241 Views, 2 Replies

BOM reporting questions

if i place a fuse in the schematic area of the prints and add catalog info to that fuse, will it double my part count of fuse if I put a fuse holder on the panel layout and list the fuse as a multiple catalog item to be able to use the balloons. 

Thanks

jason

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

The way to do this without causing problems is to place the fuse in the schematic dwg, and then make the fuseholder a sub component of the fuse.

Next, you set the footprint of the fuseholder to be the footprint of the actual fuse.

When you insert the fuseholder into the panel layout, you select the TAG from the fuse as the tag for the footprint. This ties the two together and makes it so that ACADE only see's them as one component instead of two different components with the same TAG.

For example, I have a 2A fuse with a catalog number of NS2, a sub component of SC32H and a TAG of FS10. When I insert the footprint, I use the block showing a SC32H fuseholder and select the actual fuse TAG of FS10 from the components list. This means that the footprint shows up with the same TAG as the fuse on the panel layout and makes it easier to match to the schematic. It also fills in the INST and LOC data if you use those to match the fuse.

Now when you run the BOM from the panel dwg or the schematic, you should get the correct count for fuse components.

What you are doing however is to insert the fuse twice, once in the schematic and once in the panel layout. This is what's doubling your fuse count.

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for the input. Will give it a try.

thanks

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost