AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Report "broke" after adding columns to the database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MrElectrical
549 Views, 1 Reply

BOM Report "broke" after adding columns to the database

We had accumulated so many cable configurations at my company that I was asked to find a better way to catalog them.  To do this effectively, I needed to add a few extra columns to our cable table in the database file (database_cat.mdb) so that the table was searchable by conductor number, size, connectors, and a few other things.  I took great care to maintain the spacing rationships for the columns read by the reports as I know that various parts of the reports rely on the order to function correctly, but I am having issues with BOM report assigning the wrong values to the incorrect headings.

For example, we have our part number in USER1 which is the 11th column in the table.  When I run the BOM report, I end up getting the value for the number of conductors in a cable which is from another column.

I don't know how to fix this.  I've tried changing the field (aka column) name to and from USER1, moving the columns around, and deleting the catalog settings registry folder (it gets repopulated when you restart ACADE).  

I am utterly confused on what I need to do to fix this issue other than reverting back to the original database before my edits (which is not a viable option at this point in time).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
algerj
in reply to: MrElectrical

Hi MrElectrical,

Its not often I get to reuse my screenshots for something similar, but today looks like your lucky day (and Mine).

If you are moving the Columns in "Datasheet" View they will not change position.

MS_Access_Properties.png

You will need to change to "Design" View which lets you reposition the data.

*Ignore the Required on there...it actually only works the first time you create the column. 

(and that note was for the other post...LOL)

Also any Custom columns (other then user1, user2, and user3) should be placed after the user 3 column... Renaming the users columns is ok.

Let me know if you have any problems with it. 

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost