AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM question: multiple catalog part descriptions not showing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pg708
473 Views, 3 Replies

BOM question: multiple catalog part descriptions not showing

I am having problems with generating a complete BOM in AutocadE.

I noticed that when I add parts in the multiple catalog, there is no area to enter a description.

When I generate the BOM, that area is blank.

The only way to enter information is to type it in....for each item.

Is there a step I am missing when putting parts in the multiple catalog?

How do I enter a description for the multiple parts so that it will show on the BOM?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: pg708

As far as I am aware, the descriptions are pulled from the catalog database. If the description there is blank, the BOM will have a blank description.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
evanjensen4116

It sounds like you typing the manufacturer and catalog part numbers directly, rather than using the catalog lookup function (since you say " there is no area to enter a description") . If this is the case you need to make sure the manufacturer and part number are actually within the catalog database and are typed in these fields to exactly what is captured in the catalog database. Also, ensure the correct table where the entry is captured is used.
To avoid these blank description issues I recommend simply using the Catalog Lookup function and search for the item(s) needed.

Evan Jensen
Electrical Design Engineer
UNIQUE HYDRA (PTY) LTD
A Unique Maritime Group Company
Message 4 of 4
acade2012

Hello All,

I am having the same issue.

In the catalog look up I have descritions for the parts that are under the multiple catalog tab.

anyone ever figure out a solution???

Thanks

Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost