AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM on Separate Drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmterlap
436 Views, 1 Reply

BOM on Separate Drawings

We currently put BOMs on each drawing that could be assembled separately in our fabrication shop.  For a specific module, this may be one drawing for the operator station, one for the I/O panel and one for the junction box.  This makes it easier for the electricians to know what parts are for specific builds.

I have been able to add BOMs using the panel reports option such that the BOM is located on the drawing. I was able to get the BOM to update by running the panel report again and specify UPDATE EXISTING in the dialog box.

I would prefer to update the BOMs on several drawings at one time.  Is this possible?

I tried to use the Automatic Reports option, but that just added the report to a new drawing.

Thanks for any responses.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: jmterlap

I have no "real answer" for you, but I somehow think that this would be possible.

The reason for this is that using the Automatic Reports, it will create new drawings the first time, and then update the existing drawings on the next run.

So..

If we could get the Automatic Report functions to just update, without creating the tables first?

I don't have time to explore this right now, but have a look at the Report Format Setup, and see if creating a SET-file with the "update existing" set, will update your existing BOMs.

Take a backup of the project first 😄

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost