AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM on Panel Layout Drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
292 Views, 3 Replies

BOM on Panel Layout Drawing

Is there a way to tell ACADE to split the BOM into two grouped columns instead of one? I have been ungrouping and splitting manually, but I'm getting tired of doing that. If not capable, maybe a future release could have this feature....... Jacques
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as I know that is not possible. I was doing what you did. It would be nice....

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

There is a way, but it is cumbersome at best for now, I think Autodesk has been asked to refine this process...hang tight.
But for now you can follow a use the "Start AT" and "End AT" text entry boxes found in the Table Generation Setup Dialog box. Run your BOM Report, Then click the "Put on DWG" button located at the bottom of the generated report dialog box. This brings up the Table Generation Setup Dialog.
After deciding your text setup, you must determine what a good break number would be. We use anywhere from 50-65 lines based on a 1/8" text height and 1.00 width. Now enter that number in the "END AT" box and place the BOM table, then use the "CANCEL" button to find the next break point for the next portion of the table. You will have to experiment a time or two...but that's how we are handling this for now.

Hope that helps,
Jim
Mckee Foods Corp.
Message 4 of 4
testsubject

Thanks for that tip, Jim. I will have to try that!

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost