AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM format question

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
260 Views, 7 Replies

BOM format question

How do you set the BOM format to default to a specific format.
I had to change to a different BOM format for a customer, and now the format always defaults to their format.

Thanks
Chad
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rstein
in reply to: Anonymous

Which Version of ACE are you using?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

ACADE 2004

Sorry,

Chad
Message 4 of 8
rstein

Here is a way to have different report formats. When you are in the report results screen, you will see a change report format button. if you click on that it gives you the option to add and remove fields. instead of clicking ok on that screen click ok+saveas. this ok+saveas will give you the ability to save that format as a .SET file. then when you run a report the next time you have the ability to select a format button in the lower left of the report dialog box. then you will select the location of the .SET file then you have the new format settings. Let me know if this helps.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Rob,
I know that you can create multiple formats (.set files), and how to save them, which is part of the problem.
I created a new format for a specific customer, and now it wants to use that format every time I create a BOM.
I have to select my normal .SET file every time I need to create a BOM now.

Chad
Message 6 of 8
rstein

If you want it to be every time you use the (Prenamed) BOM report, then you will choose ok instead of ok+saveas. This will default to whatever the last field configuration was. that is the only way I can think of right now.
Message 7 of 8
testsubject

My guess is that is what he did when he made the change for his customer.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Note: you can erase the "*.set" files in your "c:\documents and settings\{you}\....\Support\User\" folder and AcadE will default back to its hard-coded default format for each report. "fdna49" wrote in message news:12936248.1092243029713.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks Rob, > I know that you can create multiple formats (.set files), and how to save them, which is part of the problem. > I created a new format for a specific customer, and now it wants to use that format every time I create a BOM. > I have to select my normal .SET file every time I need to create a BOM now. > > Chad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost