AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM does not update after I have changed a part number.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
electcad
1754 Views, 4 Replies

BOM does not update after I have changed a part number.

BOM does not update after I have changed a part number. I have gone into edit and changed an items part number. I then go into the schematic reports and generate the BOM again and when I check the list the item has not updated. The only way I have been getting around this so that it updates, is to close the project and re-open it. Has anyone got an idea of how to solve this problem?

AutoCad Electrical 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OP21
in reply to: electcad

Maybe a few things to try:

1: From the main toolbar/pull down menu: Projects -> Project-> Rebuild/Refresh Project database < Full rebuild > and/or sometimes closing and re-opening the project will solve the issue. - Or -

2: Close electrical, navigate to your "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\User" folder and locate the project .mdb file.  Delete it and re-open your Electrical project.  This will re-build the project database.

Hope this may help you in finding a solution....

Omar

If this solves your problem, remember, "kudos" are appreciated...

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 5
electcad
in reply to: OP21

Thanks Omar

The project rebuild option worked.

Regards

Chris 

Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: OP21

Omar, you are so right!  I add the Rebuild/Freshen Command back to the ribbon menu and teach how in every class I teach, because it is so very necessary for many functions of the software. It should have been put on the ribbon menu.  

There are often lags before the database manager can catch up to the drawing edits.  This can be devastating when you generate a report, only to find out from your panel shop later that parts are missing or incorrect.  Be especially careful when building subassemblies via the Multiple Catalog list.  If you a subassembly assignment via Multiple Catalog on the schematic component symbol, verify that the change was actually written to the related footprint symbol.  If you create your BOM from the panel layout, to ensure that the enclosure, DIN rail, wire duct, etc. appear in the BOM, your panel BOM might have inaccuracies.

I use the CUI editor to add it between Update/Retag and Utilities (see attached).  After you add it to the menu, be sure to edit the settings as shown in the attachment, so the icon appears large with the text below it.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
electcad
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks Doug

I have added the Rebuild Freshen Database to my custom ribbon as suggested.
Regards
Chris
Australia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost