AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block won't update after changes?

47 REPLIES 47
SOLVED
Message 1 of 48
huyvu90
20549 Views, 47 Replies

Block won't update after changes?

I have a block in my drawing where the description attribute is to the left of the block and now I want to move the description attribute to the bottom of the block instead.  I editted the block's dwg (was created with wblock) so that the description attribute is on the bottom of the block.  After editing the block's dwg file, I went back to the original drawing where the block resides but the description attribute is still to the left of block.  If I insert a new instance of the block, the description will be on the bottom of the block which is what I wanted.

What is the command to update the block so that the attribute moves to the bottom of the block?

Also when I'm in the block editor, where can I go to see the block's name?  Is the block's name the same as the dwg name that it resides in?

47 REPLIES 47
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

WHERE IS THE CONVERSION TOOLBAR LOCATED?

Message 42 of 48
dougmcalexander
in reply to: huyvu90

Did you run the Update Block utility? It deletes the old version of a block, purges the drawing, inserts the new version of the block, and reloads the attributes with their previous values.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 43 of 48
Anonymous

Where is the update block utility found in autocad 2016?. I looked under modify, tools,

Message 44 of 48
dougmcalexander

Wait! Are you using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical? AutoCAD Electrical installs additional menu tabs into the ribbon. One is called Schematic. There is a panel in the schematic tab named Edit Components. In the smaller group of icons within this panel there is an icon labeled Swap/Update Block.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I'm running autocad not autocad electrical.
Message 46 of 48
dougmcalexander

I'm sorry. This is the AutoCAD Electrical forum. It has a built-in utility for updating blocks.

Doug McAlexander

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous

Just use "ATTSINC" instruction
Message 48 of 48

This command worked perfectly except the command is "ATTSYNC" not attsinc. This solution worked where as the "Sync" button on the Block Attribute Manager did not work. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost