AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 31 of 39 (203 Views)

Re: Block won't update after changes?

05-16-2011 11:45 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander

What is the correct way to create extra power distrubution terminal block of the same number?

In the image below, the TB "1N1" is suppose to be the neutral connection for M1, LT1, CR1 and CR2.  You can see that having one TB "1N1" is not enough to wire the netrual of M1, LT1, CR1 and CR2.  I try to stick to the 2 wires max per terminal rule.

I guess I can just insert another 1N1 TB in series with the existing 1N1 TB and this will cause the terminal strip editor to show two 1N1 TB instead of one.  I'm not sure if this is a good practice though.  What is the correct way to do this?

1.gif

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 32 of 39 (192 Views)

05-19-2011 03:49 PM in reply to: huyvu90

There are several ways to do this....

It all depends on how you want you equipment wired. If you only want one wire per connection point, you will need a number of terminals with a jumper bar connecting them

If however, you daisy-chain your equipment (as shown in your pic) you would likely only need the one terminal.

We use two terminals linked together for our incoming power terminals utilizing the same identification number number. We insert the first one and then the next 1 close by with the same number. The second terminal is then connected with a wire on the JUMPER layer and the strip id and number attributes hidden. The next step is to right click on one of the two terminals, goto the terminals flyout (under the attributes flyout) and select the Edit Jumper command. The two terminals are joind using this function which allows wire numbers to be passed from one to the other easily.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 33 of 39 (178 Views)

05-20-2011 12:09 AM in reply to: Icemanau

The wire on the JUMPER layer is just for visual reference?  The jumper wire is there to show that the two terminals are jumped together right but the thing that actually connect the two terminals together is the jumper function?

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 34 of 39 (169 Views)

05-20-2011 11:24 PM in reply to: huyvu90

You can connect terminals together with a wire type named JUMPERBAR and that's all you need to complete the logic.  You will not need the invisible jumper if you do this.  The wire number will carry over from terminal to terminal and you can insert a wire color/gauge label to indicate that the connection between terminals is a JUMPERBAR.  The From/To list generator will ignore JUMPERBAR.  There is a video about this on my web site at www.ecadconsultant.com.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 35 of 39 (152 Views)

05-26-2011 11:27 AM in reply to: huyvu90

Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 36 of 39 (151 Views)

05-26-2011 11:28 AM in reply to: huyvu90
Great video. Top notch ****! :smileytongue:.
Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 37 of 39 (150 Views)

05-26-2011 11:36 AM in reply to: huyvu90
Why does autocad electrical have panel BOM report and schematic BOM report? I did a panel BOM report because it lists all components in my schematic + components that are not in the schematic such as the enclosure, din rail and wire trout. I don't see the point in doing a schematic BOM report because it doesn't list all components.
Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 38 of 39 (149 Views)

05-26-2011 11:45 AM in reply to: huyvu90
regarding your last post about jumper, wouldn't it be better to also use invisible jumper (by using jumper edit command) so that the jumper gets listed in the BOM report? If you just use wire type JUMPERBAR to jumper the TBs together, the jumper that you will use during panel assembly will not be listed in the BOM report and this might cause problem when ordering parts.
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 39 of 39 (135 Views)

05-27-2011 07:59 PM in reply to: huyvu90

I insert an actual jumper bar footprint over my terminals after I insert with Terminal Strip Editor. I even have the MFG and CAT pre-filled so I don't have to perform a Lookup. Ask anyone who has ever attended one of my classes. This is how I teach it. It is covered on the Tips and Tricks page of my Web site under the menu item entitled,

"Using AutoCAD® Electrical to create a power bus from terminal blocks".

The panel BOM picks up all parts, those that were inserted from the schematic list and all additional hardware added on the panel layout. My drawings include every screw, washer, warning label, DIN rail, wireway, etc., that is required to assemble the panel. 

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.