AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block won't display contact numbers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DBrohm
453 Views, 5 Replies

Block won't display contact numbers

I am at a loss; obviously I am missing something, doing something wrong… just can’t figure out what exactly.  I have a block, copy included with this post, that I have created a Pin List for.  The Pin List is shown in the Pin List field when I click the “NO/NC SETUP” “button” on the INSERT/EDIT COMPONENT dialog window, but the Pin List data does not show on the block itself when I finish the edit.  I have added extra terminals so TERM01 and TERM02 can be the Coil Pins, which are blank, I added the “CONTACT” attribute.  Still no luck?!?!!?!?

If anyone can let me know what I am doing wrong, missing etc. I would be immensely grateful.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DBrohm
in reply to: DBrohm

Sorry to trouble ya'll... found the problem and it has been solved.

Message 3 of 6
dougmcalexander

I do something similar with disconnects and circuit breakers.  But you need TERM01 and TERM02 to fill from the coilpins field.  TERM03 through TERM06 can fill from the Pin List field.  Use type 1.  So if you have pins 1-6 for this device, the coil pins syntax will be 1,2 and the pin list will be 1,3,4;1,5,6.  Even though the pin list was made to support relays and contactors, I have used it for disconnects and circuit breakers for many years.  In fact I have my course attendees add a pin list for a disconnect and a circuit breaker on the second day of the admin-level course that I teach.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 6
DBrohm
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I had originally thought the same, and had set the pin list up that way but it didn’t work... I ended up having to put all of the pin numbers in the coil pin area then everything worked out fine.  But thanks Doug I appreciate the reply this late, and today of all days.

Message 5 of 6
DBrohm

One further thought on this... I expect the reason for having to put all of the pin numbers in the coil pin area is simply due to the fact that this device is a “Parent” and as such has no pin list per se rather coil pins only.

Message 6 of 6
dougmcalexander

You're right!  The disconnects and circuit breakers are built dynamically, using the wd_3unit code, so there is one parent and two children.  In your case, since it's all one symbol, you must put all of the pins in the coilpins field. 

You could adapt your symbol for use with the wd_3unit code, so it could build dynamically.  Just create one set of contacts and save as two file names, HDR1 and HDR2.  Make sure that you change the TAG1 attribute to TAG2 on the HDR2 symbol and that you add X2LINK (top side) and X8LINK (bottom side) attributes for the dashed link lines to connect to.  You would then add this as a command in the icon menu with the wd_3unit string in front of the parent symbol name, the same as the built-in 3-Phase circuit breakers and disconnects.  The advantage is that your symbol would be dynamically inserted and would adapt to any wire spacing.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost