AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Materials

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
johnq
978 Views, 6 Replies

Bill of Materials

Hi folks

I thought I was starting to understand the process for a Bill OF Materials.  But lately I have been getting the display in the attached screen shot.

I have cheched many things;  sheet numbers, replace borders, checked the origon of the reference grid.   I have 0,0 at the botton left hand corner and the XREF at  0, 530  ( top left)   A2 drawing.

Win 7   ACE2013  8gb memory.

Any clues?

Cheers  John Q

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnq
in reply to: johnq

Hi Folks

I have had some time to look into the above problem I am having.   It has been intermittant and when the above graphic was generated it was opening the "Hatching section" of  CAD in the ribbon banner rather than placing the BOM on the drawing.

WHen doing a BOM the last few key strokes is to "Put on Drawing" and "close" that is when the "hatching" appeared.

The cause is a crupted project file.   Whick one I do not know, but I found a file that works and re generated the offending project and the BOM worked with out miss-behaving.

Observation of the project file there does not seem ot be any order of content.  I have looked for a sequence of information but the only common feature is the location of the drawings at the end of the file.

Is there a "white Paper" on the content of this intreging file?

Hope this helps some one else.

Cheers  John Q

Message 3 of 7
algerj

HI John,

Some of the WDP file is described in the help file.

I happen to know what 98% of those numbers are and what they control.

As far as I know there is nothing that would cause a hatch from the project file.

I would post this information but I use it for course material...LOL

if you send me a private message and I can send you the descriptions, with one major stipulation, you cannot reproduce/ repost the information that I send you.

let me know,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 4 of 7
johnq

G'day James

Thanks for your learned input. Software is always intreging:  Your understanding indicated that changing the project file should not have fixed my problem.

I had tried many ideas to fix my problem reboot, deletd .MDB file etc to no avail.

So when I regenerated the project file using a different source project file, and the problem dissapeared I thought I had had discovered the solution.

I know other projects at my employments are having the same symptions so when thay show I will look further at the problems.

My site does have an abnormal level of anti virus software activity that has a high prioity. 

Cheers  John Quigley

Message 5 of 7
johnq

Hi James and others

James is correct when he said that the project file was not the cause of my problem.  It was just coincidental that that is what corrected my problem.

I am still getting the problem of a HASH ribbon being displayed.

Until I discover why, there is an easy work a round..

When I need to update the BOM, delete the existing BOM,   close the drawing where the BOM is going,  reopen the drawing,  redo the BOM.

This process has worked many times today and is easier than recreating the project file.

Cheers   John Q

Message 6 of 7
algerj

Hi John,

I Thought of another thing to check.

In the public support paths(see path below), there are Lisp and auto lisp routines that run the various reports.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2013\Support

(its the same place you can find the excel spreadsheet to edit the Circuit builder)

Its possible that one of these got corrupted and was never fully cleaned up.

Try copying the bom and bom_loc auto lisp files from a second computer.

If you want I can post my files (as a zip) then you can use them.

Or you can post a project that has the issue, it may also be a corrupt drawing that causes your issues through out the project. 

Let me know,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 7 of 7
johnq
in reply to: algerj

Hi  James and other inrterested forum readers

The company only has one licence and one installation.

I am not permitted to send you a drawing for assistance.   Thanks for the offer.   It does make it difficult.  Autodesk resellers are also not permitted to dial in with assistance either.

I have been able to open the two Exel files in the directory you refered me to using MS Exel with out problems.  That only means that there are no checksum errors.

I cant except your offer th send me the files for the same reasons as above.

I am sure you would like an answer to this problem as we and otheres would learn by our process.

If I get a more intelegent answer to my BoM and Hatch problem (than closing the drawing and reopening it) I will be delited to post my findings on this forum.

Cheers  john Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost