AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigtime Issues with ACADE and Vault 2010

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ericp-theelf
197 Views, 0 Replies

Bigtime Issues with ACADE and Vault 2010

I am using ACADE 2010 and our engineering firm uses Vault Manf. 2010 for all aspects of Document Control. We have a big issue with Vault and assigning Items in Vault. We are an Engineering firm and contract out to others to build our electrical control panels, therefore we want to use Vault to control the document, but not all the individual electrical components. Vault tries to assign Items to all these components. Generally that wouldn't matter, but we are also tying Vault to our ERP system which will get populated with a bunch of bogus electrical components that we have no intrest in. Currently, we create an Item - manually - then attach all the electrical drawings to the Item as Attachments. Then we have to 'Pin' them to lock them down - however - you can still edit them - they just won't update in Vault. It is a really poor work-around so I am really hoping someone out there has a better idea.
Please - Autodesk - tell me there is a better way. Is there some way to tell Vault to ignore all of the sub-components in ACADE drawings/projects?
I have also posted a link to this message in the Vault Forum...
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6298329&
I will post this issue to the Vault group as well. Edited by: ericp-theelf on Dec 2, 2009 3:24 PM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost