AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 1 of 3 (288 Views)

Best way to handle catalog database

288 Views, 2 Replies
12-07-2012 07:35 AM

Hi all.

Just trying to decide what's the best way to organize a component catalog.

All too many components are modular, so that you can extend their functionality.

AcadE supports at least 2 ways to do this. ASSYCODE/LIST and MULTIPLE CATALOG.

My test show that ASSYCODE/LIST is "nice", but doesn't go all the way.

1. It doesn't seem to get pinlist-data for the sub-assemblies
  2. It doesn't support Item-numbers for the sub-assemblies

MULTIPLE COMPONENT

1. Works with pinlist-data, if i select the "manually" in the edit component dialog
  2. Works with item numbers for each sub component.
  3. If I use the "TEXTVALUE: MFG01=SCHNEIDER;CAT01=LA1KN11" the pinlist functionality doesn't work

I've read that some users have panel components with the MFG/CAT-values already set. Problem is, many of my customers don't draw panel drawings.

What some customers would like, is to have a catalog code like

MFG=CUSTOMERNAME, CAT=PBGN11

ANd this would give us a green pushbutton woth 1 NO and 1 NC contact in the BOM.

However.. in the BOM, CUSTOMERNAME and PBGN11 would also appear as a part to be ordered.. But.. this is only a "dummy" part that should contain all sub-parts needed to build this pushbutton.

So... Any tips on how to solve this... May of our customers are used to other CAE-solutions that handles this, so we want to make AcadE as good as possible to get these sales.

Trond Hasse Lie
ECAD Consultant
CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Best way to handle catalog database

01-03-2013 02:05 AM in reply to: rhesusminus

*bump* Anyone?

Trond Hasse Lie
ECAD Consultant
CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Best way to handle catalog database

01-14-2013 10:22 PM in reply to: rhesusminus

*rebump*

Really... No one?

Trond Hasse Lie
ECAD Consultant
CtrlAltEl

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.