AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for showing connectors?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sstrecker
555 Views, 4 Replies

Best practice for showing connectors?

I’m struggling a bit with the best way to do this.  I have a 15 page drawing for a piece of equipment.  We have several quick disconnects between panels that I’d like to show on one page.  The problem is the various connection points are spread throughout the project.  I’d like to show some sort of connector reference on the schematic where the connections are made and then summarize each QD with one connector symbol.  That way our assemblers can easily pre-wire the connectors.  I’ve tried several different things and wasn’t completely happy with any of them.   Here is a summary:

Plug Jack Symbols:

Spread all around the drawing which makes it difficult for our electricians to find.  Adding another single connector with the same tag gives you “duplicate” errors.

Showing terminal points on the drawing and then re-using them on the connector page gives me “duplicate wire number” warnings.  It also doesn’t specify that a connection is broken.

Using to-from arrows:

Works fairly well, but causes a lot of clutter and broken wires throughout the drawing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Did you fixed it ?

My idea is to let spread your plugs/jacks all over the sheets and using a schematic report "connectors details"... Using this report in order to wiring each pin. If the report can contain the sheet where the pins is drawing, you could see more details if needed

Message 3 of 5

I havent's played with that report yet.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for the idea!

Message 4 of 5

I just tried for fun :

With the quoted report, you will do a table such as :

- Connector (TAG1 or TAG2 name)

- Pin number

- Sheet of this pin

- Type of pin (plug/jack or both)

- WireNo

Message 5 of 5

Thanks!  I'll try that next time.  I was in a hurry to finish my drawing and went with a bunch of to-from connections.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost