AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Scripting Drawings in AutoCAD Electrical

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rwydesk500
940 Views, 4 Replies

Batch Scripting Drawings in AutoCAD Electrical

Is it actually possible to run any script on a batch of drawings (as long as they are in the same project)?

I've been looking for AutoDesk to add this feature to AutoCAD for years!

If true, then is it possible to "Add Drawings..." in the Project Manager (like drawings created in only AutoCAD), and then run a script on them via the Project-wide Utilities feature?

I'm about to try it, but I don't want to screw anything up...

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: rwydesk500

Rick,

Any DWG can be in the project; not just  Autocad Electrical drawings. It is a common practice of mine to include plain AutoCAD drawings into the project and mark them as reference. If you use an ACE enabled titleblock in them, you can also change the titleblock of these drawings.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
rwydesk500
in reply to: testsubject

BTW - Batch scripting changes to drawings seems to be working beautifully. All you need to do is write a script that works for one drawing, then apply it to a whole set of drawings in the Project Manager. Awesome!

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Tags (2)
Message 4 of 5
olhado
in reply to: rwydesk500

Has this feature been removed from AutoCad Electrical? I do not see it under the AEPROJUPDATE command any more, even under "Other Configuration Settings" or any other "Setup" menu from that screen. 

Thanks. 

Message 5 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: olhado

It's still there. In the project wide utilities.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/202...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost