AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
upscale
Message 1 of 4 (177 Views)

Batch Plotting Problem

177 Views, 3 Replies
08-20-2004 11:48 AM
I have just installed the new edition of AutoCAD Electrical and I can not get the batch plot to work of my projects. The script is getting broken. Here is the script:

mmand: _.-PLOT
Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] : _Y

Enter a layout name or [?] : 'wd_chk4_layoutnam_oem "Model"
"Model"
Enter an output device name or [?] : C:\Documents and
Settings\temarcha\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical
2005\R16.1\enu\Plotters\ENG0_LJ_4V.pc3
Enter paper size or [?] : ?

Available media sizes.
"Maximum 11.7 x17.7"
"Double Japan Postcard Rotated"
"Envelope Monarch"
"Envelope C5"
"Envelope DL"
"Envelope #10"
"Note"
"11x17"
"B5 (JIS)"
"B4 (JIS)"
"A4 Small"
"A4"
"A3"
"Executive"
"Legal"
"Letter Small"
"Letter"

Enter paper size or [?] : Legal
Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] :
Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] : Landscape
Plot upside down? [Yes/No] :
Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] : _E
Enter plot scale (Plotted Inches=Drawing Units) or [Fit] : _F
Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: 1.50

Command: _Y
Unknown command "Y". Press F1 for help.

The script is stopping at the next step "Plot with plot styles?" I know that it must be something simple, but this is driving me nuts. I had no problem with the last version.
*Steve Kemp
Message 2 of 4 (177 Views)

Re: Batch Plotting Problem

08-20-2004 12:50 PM in reply to: upscale
it looks like the issue here is the value entered for the 'Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: ' prompt. This prompt is looking for either an x,y offset, or 'C' for center. It looks like the value entered was '1.5'. A decimal used instead of a comma possibly. I entered 1.5 and got the same results as below. When I entered 1,5 it worked fine giving me an offset of 1 unit in the x, and 5 units in the y direction. Steve AutoCAD Electrical QA "upscale" wrote in message news:7909776.1093027729491.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have just installed the new edition of AutoCAD Electrical and I can not get the batch plot to work of my projects. The script is getting broken. Here is the script: > > mmand: _.-PLOT > Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] : _Y > > Enter a layout name or [?] : 'wd_chk4_layoutnam_oem "Model" > "Model" > Enter an output device name or [?] : C:\Documents and > Settings\temarcha\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical > 2005\R16.1\enu\Plotters\ENG0_LJ_4V.pc3 > Enter paper size or [?] : ? > > Available media sizes. > "Maximum 11.7 x17.7" > "Double Japan Postcard Rotated" > "Envelope Monarch" > "Envelope C5" > "Envelope DL" > "Envelope #10" > "Note" > "11x17" > "B5 (JIS)" > "B4 (JIS)" > "A4 Small" > "A4" > "A3" > "Executive" > "Legal" > "Letter Small" > "Letter" > > Enter paper size or [?] : Legal > Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] : > Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] : Landscape > Plot upside down? [Yes/No] : > Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] : _E > Enter plot scale (Plotted Inches=Drawing Units) or [Fit] : _F > Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: 1.50 > > Command: _Y > Unknown command "Y". Press F1 for help. > > The script is stopping at the next step "Plot with plot styles?" I know that it must be something simple, but this is driving me nuts. I had no problem with the last version.
Contributor
upscale
Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

08-23-2004 05:29 AM in reply to: upscale
Thanks for the help, that was the problem. I actually had to set the offset to 1.5,0 and it worked like a champ. The IT people here had just upgraded me to a new computer and I was not able to check the old settings that I had in AE 2004.
Distinguished Contributor
Lintt
Message 4 of 4 (177 Views)

10-18-2004 08:46 AM in reply to: upscale
Hi,
I am having a similar problem with WD batch print, except I am getting an Unknown Command F.
I wasn't too clear on where you were able to edit your printing settings.
How do I fix this?
Lynne
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.