AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUXILIARY CONTACTS

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dianamichelle33
2063 Views, 3 Replies

AUXILIARY CONTACTS

I'm having some trouble figuring out the best way to do this.

I have a contactor with the tag "K1" which has 3 N/O contacts and a coil. The engineer has added an auxiliary switch block for additional contacts. This switch block obviously has a different part number. I've been showing these with the tag "K1 AUX" because if I use the same tag "K1" it tells me there are too many contacts for that part. So these additional contacts technically aren't linked to a parent symbol and I can't add catalog information to the child symbol. Is there a way to link these to the K1 contactor? Should I be creating a custom "parent" contact symbol? Is there another way?

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to ask is coming across clear but any input is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hey.

Can't you just add the aux contact block under Multiple Catalog for the -K1 contactor?

Add the aux contact in the product database and input it's pinlist there.

When you choose the aux contact from the product data base under "Multiple Catalog" the aux blocks pinlist will be added to the parent contactor.

I have tried to explain it in the attached picture.

Message 3 of 4

I've run into another problem with using auxiliary contacts. What if these auxiliary contacts are part of the main part number? In this situation I am trying to use Siemens#3RT1055-6AF36 which has 3P, then an additional 2 NO and 2 NC auxiliary contacts. The part is defined to only have 3 NO contacts. Is there a way to separately define these auxiliary contacts within the pinlist? I hope that came across clear?

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: dianamichelle33

You actually have to add the auxilliary contacts to the same pinlist as the main contacts.

You can add a description that will show up in the pinlist for when you select the contacts.

The format (using a Form-C contact as an example) is 3,2,6,4,*RLY1

3 for the contact type.

2 for the common

6 for Normally Open

4 for Normally Closed

*RLY1 is the description

This is the Contact Selection List showing a free contact as well as the used contacts.

Pin Selection List.JPG

This one shows the associated pinlist and includes the example I used above.

Pinlist Edit.JPG

Both of these images are from ACADE 2014 but the format for the description and pin sequence will still be valid for 2015.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost