AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auxiliary contacts help

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
emmanuel315
451 Views, 1 Reply

Auxiliary contacts help

Hi, I'm testing electrical 2014 and I can not insert auxiliary contacts correctly, specifically what I do is, enter a 23691 (MGerin) and an auxiliary contact 26924 relating to 23691, through "catalog multiple "as advised in the forum, but I do not understand when they talk about the pin list, which means this? Another problem is that when insert the auxiliary contact can not get the number for catalog (main and auxiliary 23691 26924) appears
Thank you very much for any comments.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: emmanuel315

OK, an auxiliary contact is classed as a child component and gets linked to the parent (usually the coil) component.

The parent component is the only place where the catalog information is located within the dwg. This is why you add the aux contact block catalog information to it.

When you insert the child contact, you use one of the three options to select the parent component. This ties the contact to the parent you selected and fills in the cross reference data if that has been set up.

The pin list is information on the terminal numbers used in the contact block , relays and any other device that has terminals.

To access the pin list when inserting a component, click on the 'List' button in the Pins section of the dialog. If a pin list has been defined for the parent (or any aux blocks), you will get a list showing what contacts have been used and what matching contacts are available for use. ie NC contacts will only show changeover and NC contacts and NO will only show NO and changeover contacts.

If no pin list is defined or the catalog information has not been assigned, you will still get the dialog which shows the current pins, but no list of available contacts.

If you are testing the program before purchasing, I would look for a local reseller and ask them to come out and give a deomstration to you and any other people who are going to be using it as well as some of the management. If they can't come out to do a demo, they may have an in house demo you can go to.

If you purchase the program, I would see if you can also get someone to come out to give some hands on training to iron out difficulties like you are experiencing.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost