AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Peter_Scholey
Message 1 of 3 (258 Views)

Automatic wire tagging not tagging all wires?

258 Views, 2 Replies
01-20-2013 10:19 PM

Hello 

I'm fairly new to autodesk, I have tried the drawing wide auto wire tag and it doesn't seem to be tagging all of the wires any suggestions from you guys why it might be doing this?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Cheers

Peter

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Automatic wire tagging not tagging all wires?

01-21-2013 08:15 AM in reply to: Peter_Scholey

Be sure that the terminal block symbols on those un-numbered wires are of the type to force a wire number change. It appears that you prefer to assign a different wire number to field wires. You must force the wire number change by using a terminal or connector that changes the wire number as it passes through. Hint: This type of terminal or connector must also be used if your field wires are set for no wire numbering.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Contributor
gtralt
Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: Automatic wire tagging not tagging all wires?

01-24-2013 05:26 AM in reply to: Peter_Scholey

Also check that your wire layers are able to be numbered. Type AEWIRETYPE in ther command line and make sure that the wire numbering box for the wire layer that you are trying number has "YES" in it.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.