AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic wire tagging not tagging all wires?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
8c
Explorer
549 Views, 2 Replies

Automatic wire tagging not tagging all wires?

Hello 

I'm fairly new to autodesk, I have tried the drawing wide auto wire tag and it doesn't seem to be tagging all of the wires any suggestions from you guys why it might be doing this?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Cheers

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: 8c

Be sure that the terminal block symbols on those un-numbered wires are of the type to force a wire number change. It appears that you prefer to assign a different wire number to field wires. You must force the wire number change by using a terminal or connector that changes the wire number as it passes through. Hint: This type of terminal or connector must also be used if your field wires are set for no wire numbering.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
gtralt
in reply to: 8c

Also check that your wire layers are able to be numbered. Type AEWIRETYPE in ther command line and make sure that the wire numbering box for the wire layer that you are trying number has "YES" in it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost