AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Title Block ACE 2009

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
adrien.levasseur
1063 Views, 2 Replies

Automatic Title Block ACE 2009

Hi everybody,

I'd like to impose a common automated title block* in my company. I use the WD_TB invisible attribute method. I made it work very well with ACE2010 doing it this way :

1. Create New drawing
  2. Editing block : ACADE_TITLE
  3. Creating each attribute such as SH, SHM, DRAWNBY...
  4. Creating the invisible WD_TB attribute, giving him the value such as "SH = SHEET;SHM = SHEETMAX;DRAWNBY = LINE2 etc..."
  5. Save and close this block
  6. Insert the block on the drawing
  7. Save as "ACE_PFD_{*Version number*}.dwt"

When i use this procedure and create a drawing within any project and using ACE 2010, it works very well

But it does'nt work at all in (my) ACE2009. When i try to "update the title block*" (right click on project folder*) it can find the WD_TB attribute, but it says "cannot find SHEET attribute, cannot find LINE1 attribute..." and so on even if i try to configure the WD_TB attribute through the editor (project -> Configure title block*).

I send you my file to let you check what is wrong inside it.

Thanks for any help to come Smiley Wink

*Sorry if translating is not good, i have french version, and i tried to guess the commands

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi.

This isn't helpful in any way, but I just tried to open your ACE_PFD_V0_20111206_ACAD2007.dwg in a copy of AcadE 2009 I have here. Apart from the WD_M block missing, the titleblock updated as expected.

Capture.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your "help". This would at least show my drawing was good.

Actually, i created a new .dwt file with the exact same title block "acade_title". But i used the WD_TB editor. It is working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost